Can I use Dolby Prologic?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by R2DJ, Sep 8, 2008.

Sep 8, 2008

Can I use Dolby Prologic? by R2DJ at 2:41 PM (697 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I have some ancient speakers here that surprisingly deliver ace sound quality. I have a CRT TV that's got NICAM Virtual Surround. The thing is, I want to see if I can use surround with those speakers. Primarily for the Wii, music and films. This is how the setup looks like.

CODE [ TV ]
    [2 speakers]
    v v
    v v

[L]((( [me] )))[R]

The v's and the brackets represent the sound waves. L and R is obviously left and right speakers. The TV is set to Virtual Surround. Now, can I set my AV receiver to Dolby ProLogic (not PrologicII nor Digital, just ProLogic) and be able to experience surround sound (even if it's limited)?

2. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Anyone? Please help me.

3. Kyusuke

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I doubt that'll work, because the speakers aren't receiving the rear sounds only but the front sounds as well, the best you'll get is hearing the left front and rear sounds on your left TV speaker as well as your left speaker and vice versa for the right. I don't think virtual surround will help much that way since I'm guessing all it'll do is just space out the sound so it fills the room, not actually give it surround sound to a degree.