Can I use Ctr Transfer 11.5 if I have cfw 11.9?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pixelmon27, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Pixelmon27
    OP

Pixelmon27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    United States
    i am currently on firmware 11.9 and i am having an issue where i need to use a ctr transfer. Can i follow the guide for 11.5?

2. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Yes.

3. Pixelmon27
    OP

Pixelmon27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    United States
    Also do you know exactly happens when I use the ctr transfer. Like will I keep all my cias installed. Because currently I cannot boot my 3ds without having the "an exception has occurred" screen.

4. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    You'd have to make a backup of those CIA's, but as the system can't even start, use a diferent SD Card to do the CTR Transfer.
    Then you might be able to recover those CIA's from the other SD Card.

5. Pixelmon27
    OP

Pixelmon27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    United States
    Will I still have cfw after doing this?

6. Well of course you would. Honestly while CTR Transfer can make it possible to revert back to just OFW that is not your goal so you should be fine.

If you have a NAND backup with CFW that you are restoring then you should keep CFW...however if you dont then your screwed.

7. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Follow
    Code:
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/
    from start to finish using a new SD Card, when you're done just find a way (haven't had the need for it) to recover those CIA's.
    I'd try with GM9, by doing a backup of them from the "in-use" SD Card, and afterwards, reinstalling them on the new SD Card. So you wouldn't have to format your already "in-use" SD Card and lose all of them.

8. Pixelmon27
    OP

Pixelmon27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    United States
    Im going to try tomorrow and if it works ill report back

9. Um...and what happens if it doesn't? We don't get told?

10. Pixelmon27
    OP

Pixelmon27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    United States
    I'll come back and tell. I don't have a 3ds charger because I lost mine so when I get one tomorrow i'll take pics of the before and after of the 3ds. If it works or it doesn't i'll come back.

Last edited by Pixelmon27, Jan 3, 2019
  11. phzwzrd

phzwzrd Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United Kingdom
    ik Im new here too, but did you try updating your luma payload? ~ as there was a problem with post 11.5 system firmware and the previous version of luma.

12. Pixelmon27
    OP

Pixelmon27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    United States
    I manually updated the luma boot.firm and my 3ds was back to normal. So I didnt have to do the CTRTransfer.