Can I use an online header from one game (MK7) and use it on as many games as I want?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mrolive, Feb 8, 2015.

1. mrolive
    OP

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    If I wanted to apply my MK7 online header to games like Smash and Pokemon, could I?

2. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    Well bro, that's what I'm going to do so go ahead! I think it's a 4gb file header so it should work with all of them

3. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Header does not care what size the game is. As long as the Chip ID in the header is only online once at a time you should be perfectly safe. Every game has a unique ID on a legit cart. Gateway patcher will fix the header to match everything besides manufacturer which shouldn't matter. I'm using a header from a 2GB game on a 4GB game and it went online and acted fine.

4. mrolive
    OP

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    So basically I can just take a header from any online game and apply to whatever .3ds rom I want and the online will work right?

5. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA

Well some are apparently incompatible, example the 128mb file header from Pilotwings may not work on all games, it's best to use one 4gb size from a game like:

(Resident evil revelations, Dk country returns 3d, MGS: SNake eater 3d, MK7)
    If you know the game it's better cus 0% chance of being banned, slim chance of being banned with online ones but still, I'd use MK7, it should work fine and then rename it .3dz