Can I use an official game disc on my softmodded black wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zootoxin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. zootoxin
    OP

Newcomer zootoxin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I've just bought the Beatles rockband instruments but have a problem with my usb drive, basically it takes all the power from the usb wireless dongles meaning I can't connect the instruments.

No problem I thought I'll just use my original Beatles rockband disc and rock out!!

But when I inserted the disc, I got an Update Wii icon Instead of the game icon so I quickly removed the disc, switched off the wii and hid behind the sofa.

Does this mean I cannot use my discs?

Thanks

Zoot

2. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Just boot the disc with gecko or something. that's what i do. make sure you have all the correct ios's the game needs though

3. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you can get priiloader, an in side that is a line of code. that will dissable updates from disk or online.. an you'll not have to run for cover.
    also update your softmod with modmii. :)

4. 3bbb7

Member 3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Lol hid my wii behind the sofa.

Like the user above me said you can get priiloader. actually you HAVE to get it. Dont even question it. It can boot into HBC or Bootmii if u get a system menu brick sometime. It also disables disc updates and some other handy hacks from the option menu

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader

When u install it, hold the RESET button on ur wii then turn it on, then when it boots up u can let go of RESET

5. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    As has already been mentioned, install Priiloader and enable the Block Disc Updates hack. This will allow you to boot the disc from the system menu. Alternatively, you can also load the game disc using NeoGamma or Gecko OS and bypass the system menu altogether.

However, I'm more interested in your inability to play the game using a USB loader. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. I'm not exactly clear on the problem you're experiencing, but you might consider updating your IOS and cIOS files using ModMii.

6. zootoxin
    OP

Newcomer zootoxin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Thanks for the tips, I already had Priiloader installed but hadn't enabled the hacks.
    Weird thing is the Guitar works fine if I run the game on the disc but the the minute I try using my HD it stops working.

I also tried using a usb stick (no moving parts) but this caused the same problem..

Anybody else had this problem?

Also, anyone got any experience getting the wii drumkit to connect?

Thanks
    Zoot

7. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    My guess is you have a bad rip (try ripping it again) or you aren't using the appropriate cIOS base. Switch to something with base 56. If you used ModMii, that would be cIOS249.