Hardware Can I use an Android phone as a controller for the PlayStation TV?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm going to buy a PSTV, because they are dirt cheap (£30 holy shit), and it basically comes with (almost) the full library of two consoles + emulators + homebrews, but here's my problem:
If I buy a PSTV now, I won't be able to get a DS4 controller for it for at least half a month (I'm a 16 year old student, after all), so I'm asking if I can use my Android phone (or any other means) of controlling it until then, or should I just leave it in the box?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the Limited Edition only.
Oh right, a pstv, 8 GB memory card and some lego movie game. I think it expired and i never used :P

Well you should get that one to be honest, unless you plan on buying a memory card with more storgae, or if you already have a ps3 controller. Is it still that much expensive from 2014?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh right, a pstv, 8 GB memory card and some lego movie game. I think it expired and i never used :P

Well you should get that one to be honest, unless you plan on buying a memory card with more storgae, or if you already have a ps3 controller. Is it still that much expensive from 2014?
30 pounds is really cheap for a game console. It was 85 pounds originally.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i forget the currency difference in our countries. :(

I dunno if there is a way to use android. Unless there is a way to emulate ps3 or ps4 control driver on android to use it. I dunno. You could maybe find some kind of controller converter. I use one called titan one where it converts controller input to lots of systems including pstv.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry, i forget the currency difference in our countries. :(

I dunno if there is a way to use android. Unless there is a way to emulate ps3 or ps4 control driver on android to use it. I dunno. You could maybe find some kind of controller converter. I use one called titan one where it converts controller input to lots of systems including pstv.
Okay, so,
Good news: I've found a PS3 controller app thingy.
Bad news: It's not compatible with my Bluetooth Stack...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s