Can I use a paypal coupon with another account?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Necron, Feb 27, 2013.

Feb 27, 2013
  1. Necron
    OP

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    Hey guys. Today I got an email saying that I received a coupon from paypal to use in ebay. The thing is that I don't use that account with ebay. The question is, can I just put the code when I pay with the other account? (I know that in the email it says that I cannot transfer it, but I just want to know if it is possible to use it safely)

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Could you not just make another account on ebay? That'd be the best option if you can't use it with something.

3. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    You can probably use it with another eBay account, since it's an eBay coupon, and coupon codes usually aren't tied to an account before you actually use them.
    If the email says otherwise though, then I guess you just have to try (which you could've done before you asked... it's not like anything bad can happen)

4. Necron
    OP

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    Well, I didn't just want to create another ebay account, but that doesn't bad at all.

Well, it says that I can use it in ebay, but it was send by paypal (I don't have that account tied to ebay in any way). As for trying, I'd need to buy something (I haven't used one before, but they can only be used when paying), which is not the idea.

edit: ups, I didn't know I could do a "payment simulation" with the add to the cart thingy. Well, the code seems to be working.