Hacking Can I Use a New NNID to get CFW on 11.6.0?

Arlas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I know you can unlink a NNID using God Mode 9, and I was wondering if I can unlink the source 3ds original NNID, create a new one just to get the dsiware needed to use sudokuhax on, make the system transfer, finish the set up on target 3ds, unlink the NNID on target 3ds, restore sysnand on source 3ds, and finally relink the previous NNID's corresponding to each system

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, every NNID associated with a system is transferred, not just the one that is signed in. If you try what you suggest you'll get an error message when you try to log in with the NNID on the source saying that the NNID is linked to another system. You would have to call Nintendo and hope they move it for you. The link is in the servers and there's nothing you can do locally to change what system an NNID is linked to (except system transfer, which you can't do from new to old).

Arlas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, every NNID associated with a system is transferred, not just the one that is signed in. If you try what you suggest you'll get an error message when you try to log in with the NNID on the source saying that the NNID is linked to another system. You would have to call Nintendo and hope they move it for you. The link is in the servers and there's nothing you can do locally to change what system an NNID is linked to (except system transfer, which you can't do from new to old).

man, I was really hoping to avoid the 7 days wait, both systems are old so there's no problem there, also I was wondering if you're supposed to wait to make the transfer again before restoring the sysnand on the source, source 3ds is from a friend of mine and I'm really afraid of messing up and having his NNID stuck on mine, I'm new at this and I don't know if restoring the sysnand will show the NNID again but since it will be linked to my system he probably won't be able to use it or something like that

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
man, I was really hoping to avoid the 7 days wait, both systems are old so there's no problem there, also I was wondering if you're supposed to wait to make the transfer again before restoring the sysnand on the source, source 3ds is from a friend of mine and I'm really afraid of messing up and having his NNID stuck on mine, I'm new at this and I don't know if restoring the sysnand will show the NNID again but since it will be linked to my system he probably won't be able to use it or something like that
If you don't restore the source backup you can't recover if the DSiWare doesn't get transferred.

Arlas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't restore the source backup you can't recover if the DSiWare doesn't get transferred.

So I should make the first transfer and then inmediately restore sysnand on source 3ds? I'm really scared of doing that, from what I can tell at 3ds.guide, it says to wait before restoring

I'll paste the step I'm confused about here:

Section IV - Restoring the source 3DS
  1. On the source 3DS, complete initial setup
  2. Do one of the following
    • Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on the target 3DS, then wait one week (do not restore your NAND backup before system transferring), then System Transfer from the target 3DS back to the source 3DS (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS or New 2DS to an Old 3DS or Old 2DS)
    • Call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the device that your NNID is linked to (which is the target 3DS in this case), and would like it linked to a different device (which is the source 3DS in this case)
    • You can also just remove the NNID from the source 3DS if you’d prefer it remain on the target 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?