Hacking Can I use a memory card from 3.63 vita on an unactivated 3.60 PSTV?

kudofan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title pretty much says it all.
Can I use a memory card attached to my PSN account on an unactivated 3.60 PSTV?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
no. once you put that memory card in your 3.60 PSTV is will say something like you need a higher firmware

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use the memory card without formatting it by screwing with IDU mode and unslaving the memory card.
But you can't use the content specific to that PSN account on that memory card with that PSTV unless you activate it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Assuming both Vita's have the same PSN account, you can use memcardswap to set the id.dat to read only, which will allow you to switch the memory card between the two consoles and have it work just fine. Just keep in mind that you'll have to rebuild the database every time you switch the memory card, so things like custom themes won't stick

Thiago Souza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Assuming both Vita's have the same PSN account, you can use memcardswap to set the id.dat to read only, which will allow you to switch the memory card between the two consoles and have it work just fine. Just keep in mind that you'll have to rebuild the database every time you switch the memory card, so things like custom themes won't stick

If I take a memory card that was in a vita 3.63 and put it on my vita tv 3.60 (and format) is it possible to use it without major complications? I'm thinking of buying a used one.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If I take a memory card that was in a vita 3.63 and put it on my vita tv 3.60 (and format) is it possible to use it without major complications? I'm thinking of buying a used one.
You'd need to boot the PSTV in IDU mode, that would ignore the firmware change error, and then delete the id.dat that's on it with Henkaku.

Reactions: Thiago Souza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1