Hacking can i use a faulty wii?

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any reason why i couldnt buy a wii with a faulty drive and softmod it?

im thinking of buying one from ebay very cheaply, the description states:

"WII NOT WORKING .
LIGHT ON PUT CD IN AND YOU CAN EJECTED IT BLUE LIGHT ON BUT NO HISSING SOUND
CD NOT TURNING INSIDE. "

so surely thats just the disk drive which i dont need to use right?

SuperTrever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrpinkeye said:
oh yea...good point! but assuming its 4.2 or older....any reason why it wouldnt work?
Not that I know of. If the disk drive is the only thing that doesn't work on it then you should be able to mod it, load games from USB, play hombrew and all that fun stuff. You should really get a second opinion on this though, because honestly I don't know. Lol

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless Nextploit actually make a release
tongue.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mrpinkeye said:
oh yea...good point! but assuming its 4.2 or older....any reason why it wouldnt work?
If it's 4.2 or below, bannerbomb will work (meaning you only need a SD card with some files on it). Once it's hacked, you can go USB drive pretty much all the way (swiss requires a disc in the thing, but that's an exception). So...basically +1 on SuperTrever's reply.

I'd still ask for confirmation, though. Updating the firmware is usually amongst the first things to try when a piece of electronic has issues.

Note: this doesn't mean I trust the sellers. All caps, basic grammar issues and not knowing the difference between a CD and a DVD isn't exactly the most reliable description to go by.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It depends on what's wrong with the drive, if the laser is damaged and that's the reason why it can't read any discs, then usb loaders will work. If the drive is damaged completely, then usb loaders will not work. Google usb loaders + no drive, or internal HDD drive replacement, there you should find some infos what works without drive and what doesn't.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys.

i also thought the description was poorly written! i'll get more info from them and also search google. thanks again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.