Gaming Can I use a 175w power adapter on a Opus?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a repaired Xenon, repaired on September 4th, 2010, so I'm assuming it has a Opus motherboard, which is a Falcon with no HDMI port. Can I use a 175w power adapter with it?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the plug in the back.
76d20f47.jpg

If it looks like the middle or last one then you can use a 175w brick. Though I have seen some game stores that refurbish them take out the pin in the middle og the first one and use the 175w brick.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use a 203W or 175W with an Opus. Shine a light through the bottom vent and count the number of inductors to confirm it's an Opus. If it's a Xenon, you will see 3 inductors and if it's an Opus you will see 2.

Fudge

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Use a 203W or 175W with an Opus. Shine a light through the bottom vent and count the number of inducters to confirm it's an Opus. If it's a Xenon, you will see 3 inducters and if it's an Opus you will see 2.
Where are the inductors?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gimme a sec, i'll get a photo of my Falcon.

IMG_3905x.jpg

It's those coils on the right side of the board, you'll notice one is missing along with 2 capacitors due to the console using less power.

387268.jpg

Fudge

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems I have a Xenon, which I find odd considering it was repaired so recently. It has the middle og like the one in the first picture.

Fudge

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm at my friends house, and one of his power cords fit, but the 360 won't turn on. It doesn't seem to fit all the way, however, it is a 203W adapter. Do I have to jam it in the port for it to work?
EDIT: Got it to work!

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
I'm at my friends house, and one of his power cords fit, but the 360 won't turn on. It doesn't seem to fit all the way, however, it is a 203W adapter. Do I have to jam it in the port for it to work?
EDIT: Got it to work!

Just some info, it is a Xenon. And you can cut the power supply cable, the line that goes down in the middle and get it to plug in. It either turns on and work or it just gives you a 3 red light error (It won't damage it, it should turn on with the right power supply). However you can blow the fuse in your 175W power supply. And when I modify these power supplies its normally temporary, you don't want to take 203W out of a 175W power supply.

Also I have never seen a Opus motherboard when I sent in some Xenon in recently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1