can I use 3rd party gamecube controller on hacked wii without crashing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eriol33, Jul 1, 2016.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I read that 3rd party wii controller will crash a hacked wii a lot. I just realized that after I almost always got a crash when playing using a wii classic controller. however, playing emulator with a wii classic controller is not that comfortable, I notice lag. I wonder if I generic gamecube controller can rectify this problem?

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I don't know about crashing but you may have issues with controls.

Try using a Wavebird GC Controller, or a wired one made by Nintendo.

3. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I read that the homebrew channel don't supply correct driver for non-nintendo controllers. a lot lot of apps crashed as I enter the menu when using the third party wii classic controller. quite frustrating because it's really hard to find a genuine nintendo products. I would like to know if there are people who have bought third party gamecube controllers when using homebrew

4. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Any third party controller will not function well with Homebrew. 1st party controllers are best again, you're most likely going to get the same results you did with the Wiimote.

On EBay some are being sold right now for $4 - $10 USD for one - four Wiimotes. That's how I found most of them.