Hacking Can I use 2 Partitions?

arogance1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I have a FAT partition as well as a WBFS partition on the same drive, so I can use the drive for AVIs as well as games?

If so, does it matter which is the 1st partition?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
arogance1 said:
Can I have a FAT partition as well as a WBFS partition on the same drive, so I can use the drive for AVIs as well as games?

If so, does it matter which is the 1st partition?

Before moving over to FAT32 comepletely, I had a WBFS partition and a small FAT32 partition for media files. As long as the WBFS drive is set to primary prior to formatting to WBFS you should be fine. Windows however, will not recognise the WBFS and when you plug your drive in it will ask if you want format it

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I agree with Zizer and should've been more clear in my 1st post when referring to "moving over to FAT32" and "Windows not recognising WBFS". WBFS is restricted and kinda outdated. I also found it to crash after a bit and games corrupting, and the only way (that I knew of), was to reformat and start again. With FAT32 and NTFS you use DSKHCK etc

arogance1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never had a problem with wbfs, and I like that it will compress the games slightly when transferring the iso across. I have been using the same WBFS drive for over a year without any problems, often playing a game for in excess of 12 hours in one go without seeing any issues.

But I have 2 HDD's at present, one which is a lot larger, so I wanted to transfer all games from the smaller one to the newer one so I don't need to continually swap the drives around.

I know Windows won't recognize WBFS but I can cope with that, its not hard to click cancel when it prompts you to format the drive.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
arogance1 said:
I've never had a problem with wbfs, and I like that it will compress the games slightly when transferring the iso across. I have been using the same WBFS drive for over a year without any problems, often playing a game for in excess of 12 hours in one go without seeing any issues.

But I have 2 HDD's at present, one which is a lot larger, so I wanted to transfer all games from the smaller one to the newer one so I don't need to continually swap the drives around.

I know Windows won't recognize WBFS but I can cope with that, its not hard to click cancel when it prompts you to format the drive.

Just making sure you are aware of the facts, after all you're the one asking the questions dude. If you want a WBFS/FAT32 split then you can do so using EASEUS or whatever software you choose. As I stated before make sure ALL partitions are set to PRIMARY before any conversion to WBFS takes place

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol