Hacking Can I update Wii U safely (5.5.1 haxchi)?

Mefisteso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've been wondering if I can update my Wii U from 5.5.1 -> 5.5.2. I've got haxchi installed(without coldboot) and I'm blocking Nintendo services by DNS.
Am I right to assume I can update my Wii U and the haxchi will still be there? Are there any benefits/disadvantages to updating it?

I've been looking for an answer to my question, although the search engine seems to have a problem with my query.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wondering if I can update my Wii U from 5.5.1 -> 5.5.2. I've got haxchi installed(without coldboot) and I'm blocking Nintendo services by DNS.
Am I right to assume I can update my Wii U and the haxchi will still be there? Are there any benefits/disadvantages to updating it?

I've been looking for an answer to my question, although the search engine seems to have a problem with my query.
Besides accessing eshop without homebrew, there is no benefit to updating. But yes, if you have haxchi you can update safely.

Reactions: Mefisteso

Mefisteso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you very much. I'm not gonna update it then. You never know when the browserhax might come in handy.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. I'm not gonna update it then. You never know when the browserhax might come in handy.
Usually that is the reason why most people keep it on 5.5.1 but some people found a way to downgrade the browser even in 5.5.2 to work reliably with the exploit. But is not important. Just remember if you do update. My system updated when it was turned off so I guess that was a fail for me. I forgot i use two access points cause i have a wifi range extender and only one of the access points had update blocking while the other was for online play. Anyway that was my fault, good thing I had haxchi installed already. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night