Hacking can i update my wii for 4.0 (with wiikey1)?

exar khun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will i be still be able to play my backup games even if i update my firmware to 4.0?
i just want to play my back up games and have no plans of using homebrew...
my current firmware is 3.1U but i have that patch for thr brawl and galaxy games installed also....

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
softhack your wii, it's easier than you think and it opens up a whole new set of options and features.
First off, you're missing out on THE Most important feature right now, being able to play games from a hard drive or a flash drive, this is also exceptionally useful if your chip dies like it did to this one guy that was over at my place earlier today, i softmodded his system for him with TP and now he and his kids are going to be playing the hell out of their Wii again, he bought a hard drive and all.

Second, with a sofhacked Wii you can backup ALL your saves, even protected ones that refuse to copy to SD cards.

Third, emulators, roms, SNES, NES and Genesis all run at 100%, I'm playing Earthbound now on my Wii even though I have a modded Xbox with an 80GB HDD and somehow SNES games just look better on the Wii to me.

And there's a ton more reasons to softhack your wii, security reasons, other fun stuff you can do with it.
Don't worry, you can't possibly mess up, softhack it and then stick to 3.2, you do NOT need 4.0, you can't run games from the SD Card with 4.0. that's a lie, all it does is copies the game to the internal memory when you run the channel on the sd card and then it plays it from there.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
exar khun said:
my current firmware is 3.1U but i have that patch for thr brawl and galaxy games installed also....

What's that exactly?

If your modchip is one of the crap ones that return 001 or 002 for games and that isn't updated anymore. Then you need a loader or cioscorp to play these games. Just get the homebrew channel and install a cIOS to keep all options open even if you update to 4.0.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
^ Brawl just installs an IOS, not sure which one without updating the system menu version I think, back when the game came out last year very few people knew about IOS's and stuff, hell maybe no one did i dunno so they just called it a patch that installs something but doesn't update the system menu lol

well now we know what that something was

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.