Hacking Can i update my PS3 without losing my injected games ?

Ayanico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,
I Have a Super Slim PS3 version 4.70 but i want to update that to use my PSN account and play some injected games who asks for updates. I Read in PS3HAX a user saying the update doesn't make me lose the games, it only won't allow me to inject games anymore, but the already injected games will continue to work?

So, can i update the system and still play with my injected games ?? (And before asking about buying this games in an official way, right now, buying just one game will represent 1/3 of my salary... and i cant afford that)

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't keep your injected games, homebrew applications, and internal HDD (if it has webmann files, you will need to reformat and backup the content of the drive.) If you want to stay on an unmodified original firmware and not be banned. I looked online on some places like PSXPlace and people have said it should be fine playing online on the latest OFW however I haven't tried

However, if you are staying on an updated CFW then yes your fine playing injected games and using Homebrew (or at least keeping it on the system.) but you will likely have your account & PS3 Banned at some point.

Last edited by petethepug,

Ayanico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, i updated my PS3, Since it's a Super Slim, I just injected all the games i wanted on 4.70, after that on update to 4.82 all my games still worked and i get to work Dragon Quest Builders (ENG Patch Version) and Persona 5 just fine.

All the games worked, all the games update normally, and i played online several of the games without any issue.

So. If you have a PS3 on 4.70, don't have any more game to inject and just want to play online and continue to use PSN... just update your console, and everything will be normal.

:rofl2:

You can't keep your injected games, homebrew applications, and internal HDD (if it has webmann files, you will need to reformat and backup the content of the drive.) If you want to stay on an unmodified original firmware and not be banned. I looked online on some places like PSXPlace and people have said it should be fine playing online on the latest OFW however I haven't tried

However, if you are staying on an updated CFW then yes your fine playing injected games and using Homebrew (or at least keeping it on the system.) but you will likely have your account & PS3 Banned at some point.

CFW Doesn't work on Super Slim PS3... so it was 4.70 OFW.

Last edited by Ayanico,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can tell you is I messed up. I don't know if I was just unclear or didn't give enough information, either way I still messed up and didn't take the time to write everything out.

Ayanico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Brazil
That's ok man. I'm sorry, English are not my main language, sometimes i talk like a freak robot or emotionless :cry:
But i really appreciate your help, i'm gonna use this on a Fat who i'm trying to fix.
:grog:

kennybrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a feeling you are going to be banned from PSN soon. I installed the English patched Tales of Vesperia and after a few days I was banned from PSN. It is not an online game, I would have to think just uploading the trophy information was enough to get me banned.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's ok man. I'm sorry, English are not my main language, sometimes i talk like a freak robot or emotionless :cry:
But i really appreciate your help, i'm gonna use this on a Fat who i'm trying to fix.
:grog:
That's fine, aren't you worried your account would be banned on your PS3 Super slim though?

Last edited by petethepug,

Ayanico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a feeling you are going to be banned from PSN soon. I installed the English patched Tales of Vesperia and after a few days I was banned from PSN. It is not an online game, I would have to think just uploading the trophy information was enough to get me banned.

The Trophy Data was in English or in Japanese .-. ? (The Dragon Quest stills on JPN ><)

That's fine, aren't you worried your account would be banned on your PS3 Super slim though?

Nah, no .-.
I Don't have anything on the account. Just 2 Games and a few DLC.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
The Trophy Data was in English or in Japanese .-. ? (The Dragon Quest stills on JPN ><)

I didn't touch the trophy data so no worries there. never did touch trophies on my mods since that's a bad idea

been playing my English translated games online or while connected online, last English modded game I've tested is dragon quest builders, toukiden 2 and joysound which needs an online service from PSN on 4.85 OFW ps3.

been testing since December last year

also did play while online on translated games in my previous CFW ps3 before it broke

Last edited by happydance,

xaxa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[YMMV] I only had one injected game from the PeXploit days: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I updated and have played it online without any issues. However, I have also been avoided syncing trophies, so that may also be a factor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end