Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by alundra212, Jun 10, 2013.
Or should I keep the firmware it came with?
Don't update it. Wait until the card comes out, and then we'll find out if Gateway can survive the latest firmware and any updates that happen soon.
You will know if it is save when it gets reviewed by a mod and gets posted. It will be on the gbatemp homepage. Or you can just wait for the screaming and cursing people will do when they get theirs.
Gateway is not out yet, we don't know exactly how it works. Don't do anything for now.
As a rule of thumb, you should never update the firmware on a device if a known exploit is planned being release.
I have the latest 3DS US firmware and I was told by Gateway 3DS by email that it will work with that version just not to update again til they say so
Then just be careful to not update again unless the reviewers find evidence that it can survive future updates.
Well since Nintendo doesn't know what to patch yet because Gateway hasn't been released then it should be safe to go ahead and update but it's your choice.