Can I update my emuNAND to a specific firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zephyrrx15, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Zephyrrx15
    OP

Zephyrrx15 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2015
    United States
    My Nintendo 3DS is at firmware 7.0.x and I want to upgrade the emuNAND because games like Alpha Sapphire or Puzzle and Dragons require a higher firmware to play at. That's fine however I want to upgrade my emuNAND to a specific firmware rather than the current firmware which is incompatible with the current emuNAND.

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    if you have an old 3ds, you can update to the latest emunand firmware version after putting the latest launcher.dat onto the 3ds's memory card and going through the steps needed.

3. Zephyrrx15
    OP

Zephyrrx15 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2015
    United States
    My 3DS emuNAND is GW7.0.x so how would I update it? Just update it the normal way?

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Do you have a New 3DS or and Old 3DS?
    if its a New 3DS use 3DNUS and Sysupdater to update emunand to 9.5.0-22u (latest supported)
    if you have an Old 3DS while you have Emunand and in gateway mode go to System settings and ensure it says GW3D X.X.X-XX then without leaving the menu go to system update this will update your Emunand (only do this on an Old 3DS)

MattKimura likes this.
  5. Zephyrrx15
    OP

Zephyrrx15 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2015
    United States
    I figured it out! Thanks to you guys I as able to update my 3DS Firmware in Gateway mode without breaking anything. Thank you so much! :D

Xenon Hacks likes this.