Hacking Can I update my DSTwo in this situation?

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys! So, I have a DSTwo flashcard since February and I haven't updated my 3DS firmware since (which is 4.5.0-10E). Yesterday, I remembered maybe I needed to do something to prevent my 3DS to force an update, or something (it happened to me once, before I had the flashcard), causing it to brick the flashcard.

What should I do in this situation? Simply update my DSTwo firmware?

Exkorath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update the DStwo like you normally would by putting the "dstwoupdate.dat" in the root and stuff but rename the "dstwoupdate.dat" “dstwoupdateb.dat”. Once you start up the dstwo and its still the black screen, just let it stay that way for about 5 to 10 minutes. Once you do that turn off your ds, and delete the “dstwoupdateb.dat” file from your microsd. then ur dstwo should work again should work again.

source: I've actually done it before and it worked. I found it on some website. It might of actually been GBAtemp.

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late answer.

No, no. I didn't update my 3DS. What I wanted to know is what I have to do in order to safely update the 3DS firmware without bricking my DSTWO. Do I simply need to update the DSTWO firmware normally?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1: Make sure the latest DSTWO firmware is compatible with the latest 3DS firmware. (I believe it is)
Step 2: Install the DSTWO firmware normally.
DO NOT ADVANCE TO STEP 3 UNTIL AFTER STEP 2 HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
Step 3: Update 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.