ssin174

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Self explanatory title.

My DS is asking me to update. If I do will I still be able to homebrew, FBI and installed cia games?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Didn't know A9LH had a version number of 11.0 or higher .. the more you know :rolleyes:

Seriously though .. A9LH is what loads your CFW. It's not what you're updating, and the CFW is not what you're updating. What you're updating is the Official Firmware of the console, and if you actually read the damn guide and followed the damn guide you'd have seen the part where the guide explicitly tells you to STOP asking about updating because it is safe.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know A9LH had a version number of 11.0 or higher .. the more you know :rolleyes:

Seriously though .. A9LH is what loads your CFW. It's not what you're updating, and the CFW is not what you're updating. What you're updating is the Official Firmware of the console, and if you actually read the damn guide and followed the damn guide you'd have seen the part where the guide explicitly tells you to STOP asking about updating because it is safe.

A9LH itself actually sometimes gets updated. But still, hell, what does it say at the top of the screen when making a thread in this forum?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
A9LH itself actually sometimes gets updated. But still, hell, what does it say at the top of the screen when making a thread in this forum?

Yeah but in it's current state there's no reason to update A9LH. If you have an old A9LH you can update it to get SD-less boot feature, but other than that there's not much point. As there's a small risk (no matter how small it is, a risk is a risk) whenever you're writing to the NAND, I'd say you're better safe than sorry and better off not updating A9LH unless you really want that amazing feature the update brings.

Of course this topic has nothing to do with A9LH updating though, as the OP is just misusing the term like majority of the newbs do.

ssin174

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh FML so i've been asking the question wrong like a bloody noob.......
So what i SHOULD of said is. can I update my system firm since the console is promoting. I feel kind of Silly.

Yes the guide DOES say that. I should have more faith in the guide> But i thought the guide i was using (https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)) was an older one, so I thought I should ask first. BUT I should of had faith in the guide. That will teach me.

Thanks for the clarification. :D

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh FML so i've been asking the question wrong like a bloody noob.......
So what i SHOULD of said is. can I update my system firm since the console is promoting. I feel kind of Silly.

Yes the guide DOES say that. I should have more faith in the guide> But i thought the guide i was using (https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)) was an older one, so I thought I should ask first. BUT I should of had faith in the guide. That will teach me.

Thanks for the clarification. :D
No, that link that you mentioned is the starting point for an old 3DS(XL) system, not that the guide is old. The installing arm9loaderhax page is the page that everyone ends up on, regardless of their system. 3ds.guide is never outdated, that's why it's the recommended guide to follow. The guide is constantly being updated to make the a9lh installation process easier to follow and understand.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: CrispyCola

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn