Gaming Can I Update a .3DS game with a .cia Update file?

fabiobad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I have a Gateway Emunand, I want to update Super Mario Maker (.3DS) but I can't by eShop because I can't install the latest FMW on Emunand (the Gateway 3DS team still haven't released a new compatible launcher).

I tried to install a .cia update for Super Mario Maker but don't work, it didn't install it.

Is there any way to update a .3DS game without access to the Emunand eShop?

Thank you very much!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a Gateway Emunand, I want to update Super Mario Maker (.3DS) but I can't by eShop because I can't install the latest FMW on Emunand (the Gateway 3DS team still haven't released a new compatible launcher).

I tried to install a .cia update for Super Mario Maker but don't work, it didn't install it.

Is there any way to update a .3DS game without access to the Emunand eShop?

Thank you very much!
Freeshop

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ehm, I don't want a CFW on my 3DS, I only use Gateway 3DS.

Any alternative with that?
You can install freeshop to your gw system. Also probably the update didn't work as a CIA before because the region of the game and/or update was a mismatch with your system region (in GW case the region of 3ds game and updates must match the system's).
I'm assuming that you used fbi, devmenu or big blue box CIA installers properly when you tried before.

fabiobad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can install freeshop to your gw system. Also probably the update didn't work as a CIA before because the region of the game and/or update was a mismatch with your system region (in GW case the region of 3ds game and updates must match the system's).
I'm assuming that you used fbi, devmenu or big blue box CIA installers properly when you tried before.
Ho can I install Freeshop then?

Yeah, i used the BBB for install the .cia update but didn't worked, I don't use .cia usally, only .3DS.

LOL the funny thing is he's running cfw

oh ya he is lol

I really don't know what are you talking about, I only have the Emunand of Gateway 3DS installed, and ONE .cia game installed with BBB (is New Super Mario Bros 2), all the other games are .3DS., no CFW.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Gateway is just a CFW ;) You can use freeshop perfectly with it. (It may be even possible that freeshop will detect the game you have selected in your gateway card and suggest to install the update)

hossxox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
hi i have a question about this i dont realy know cfw custom firmware is or gateway .i install games cia format with fbi does that mean i have cfw ? also freeshop is down so is there something else i can do ? i realy want to play stage world in mario maker . i use eur version

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes FBI is cfw. Freeshop isnt down as far as i know. Maybe you just need to update your free shop to the right title key site just google that

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a question about this i dont realy know cfw custom firmware is or gateway .i install games cia format with fbi does that mean i have cfw ? also freeshop is down so is there something else i can do ? i realy want to play stage world in mario maker . i use eur version

You must have the old title key site freeshop doesn't go down since freeshop isn't where it downloads from it's downloading from CDN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr