Can I unplug my wii U while it's creating RedNAND?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MattKimura, Nov 9, 2016.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I'm not asking for a direct answer as I'm not sure if anyone has ever done this, BUT
    What happens if you cancel the rednand dumping process by shutting off the system? Will it result in a brick?

I decided I don't want it right now, it's gonna take over 9 hours to dump and I'm more interested in the sysnand IOSU method.

Unplug or are there consequences in store?

2. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    It's writing to an SD card...not making changes to the system....more than likely, the most damage it will do is require you to reformat the SD card

MattKimura likes this.
  3. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    I did force to turn my wiiu off by pressing the power button a lot while dump/ create rednand. My wiiu is still ok.

MattKimura likes this.
  4. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Ah I see, at this point I wasn't even sure that you can turn it off by holding the power button. My Wii U is okay, thanks for the super quick answers!

5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    9 hours to dump, my god what SD Card are you using!

6. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I used a Class 10 for my NAND dump and it took over 9 hours......and i have an 8GB Wii U

Reecey likes this.
  7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Mine took about just under 1hr. tops for a 32gb model. I'm really surprised to here 9hrs. or so for the nand dump to SD card that sounded unbelievable to me I really thought, no way it can't do, surely!

Edit: thinking about it now though I had nothing on Systemnand I transferred everything over to my External HDD before doing it so my Systemnand was empty, that might of made a big difference.

Last edited by Reecey, Nov 9, 2016
  8. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I have an 8GB Wii U and it took over 9 hours....only thing I had on there were 2 VC games and NES Remix...