Homebrew Can I undo changes made with ftpiiu everywhere without access to homebre?

STHP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last year, I tried to make my WiiU region free because a game wasn't working. After making the changes, the system forced and update and the language is stuck in Japanese on most of the console, and the internet browser refuses to open so I can't access homebrew anymore. Does anyone know if i can undo this or is it permanent even if I factory reset?

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last year, I tried to make my WiiU region free because a game wasn't working. After making the changes, the system forced and update and the language is stuck in Japanese on most of the console, and the internet browser refuses to open so I can't access homebrew anymore. Does anyone know if i can undo this or is it permanent even if I factory reset?
If you factory reset your console now, you will brick.
System apps like the Mii Maker are required in the setup and aren't accessible due to your modifications.
The Mario Kart 8 exploit might work if you can somehow bypass the Mii Maker requirement of it.
Other than that, if you have an OTP backup, you can recover using a hardmod.

Reactions: Alexander1970

STHP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you factory reset your console now, you will brick.
System apps like the Mii Maker are required in the setup and aren't accessible due to your modifications.
The Mario Kart 8 exploit might work if you can somehow bypass the Mii Maker requirement of it.
Other than that, if you have an OTP backup, you can recover using a hardmod.
How would i go about doing the hard mod method

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would i go about doing the hard mod method

look at @Kafluke 's tutorial. you need a teensy++ 2.0. you also need either the otp.bin or slc.bin from before that change. I can't tell if you used region hax, but it shouldn't change the system language afaik. if you delete the nnid, the wii and wii u disc channels will disappear. I did region hax. I have a backup of the sys_prod.xml. I don't plan to change nnid or anything, so I left it as is. it didn't change the system language though. I think "1" is Japan and "2" is USA.

STHP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
look at @Kafluke 's tutorial. you need a teensy++ 2.0. you also need either the otp.bin or slc.bin from before that change. I can't tell if you used region hax, but it shouldn't change the system language afaik. if you delete the nnid, the wii and wii u disc channels will disappear. I did region hax. I have a backup of the sys_prod.xml. I don't plan to change nnid or anything, so I left it as is. it didn't change the system language though. I think "1" is Japan and "2" is USA.
I just checked again and the error code is for the region lock, also i have duplicates of things like mii maker and settings, one of them giving the error code, and the other one working normally

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's fixable with the otp.bin, but I don't know how to fix that particular error. the otp.bin merely decrypts the NAND, you'll have to fix it the way it was before after extracting and replacing the file.

STHP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just checked again and the error code is for the region lock, also i have duplicates of things like mii maker and settings, one of them giving the error code, and the other one working normally
I think what happened was that instead of becoming region free, it just added the Japanese versions of things, but it replaced the browser instead of adding a second one, which is why it won't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you happen to have a copy of Mario Kart 8 for the region you changed to?
No

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's likely that all languages exist. I know they do with the virtual wii, because you can change the wii remote screen to Japanese in usb loader gx.

STHP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it's likely that all languages exist. I know they do with the virtual wii, because you can change the wii remote screen to Japanese in usb loader gx.
Do you know if there's anyway to access the english one still? Or if i could do something with the vwii since that remained completely unaffected?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered, they all do exist. the meta.xml for apps and games contains several languages. I don't know about the entirety being in a separate language, but it seems likely if the meta.xml is in multiple languages. that's what displays the language for the actual app or the app name. as far as changing it back, I have no idea. if you tried region hax, you need to change the region back to 2 I believe.

upload_2021-1-30_16-49-25.png

region hax is 119 in that region code section. it sounds like you accidentally just put 1. the above is a backup of mine (made a backup), and I blotted out the serial number for obvious reasons. lol

STHP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered, they all do exist. the meta.xml for apps and games contains several languages. I don't know about the entirety being in a separate language, but it seems likely if the meta.xml is in multiple languages. that's what displays the language for the actual app or the app name. as far as changing it back, I have no idea. if you tried region hax, you need to change the region back to 2 I believe.

View attachment 244280

region hax is 119 in that region code section. it sounds like you accidentally just put 1. the above is a backup of mine (made a backup), and I blotted out the serial number for obvious reasons. lol
Whatever i did to change it, i had to have something open on the wii u itself while doing it, so i don't think i can change the number back

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a hardmod then. there's no way to fix the problem, because the wii u doesn't have any sort of recovery mode. that's why some things are very dangerous, and why I haven't changed my region hax back.

the problem is that you need the otp.bin to fix the issue, but if you don't know what the problem is, the otp.bin won't be able to help. it's only used for decrypting the nand. a slc.bin from before you did whatever you did will work as well.

you can fix the issue with @EyeKey 's nand tools. remember to use administrator. I had it crash on me when extracting a file without that. it worked perfectly as administrator. that's when I extracted the syshax.xml, which I've been told is a backup of the system.xml for cbhc.

Reactions: STHP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi