1. OldGnashburg

OP OldGnashburg Cobra Chicken Summoner

Canada
    Can I convert an installed game into an ISO or something so I can run it on an external HDD? I tried just using the Webman redirect option and installed a game on HDD and it refused to launch. Just kicks me back to XMB, no error. I don't have enough space because of the stupid HDD size limit. I only have about 100GB left. Can anyone tell me the best way to boot PS3 games off an external drive when your hurting for space?

2. Eveldee

Eveldee GBAtemp Regular

France
    There is some software that can convert folder type games to iso but it's prone to errors.

You can still run your games on an external hdd, if it doesn't work using webMan, try with irisMan which is a useful tool when you want to manage your games

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    If it is a copied disc (ie JB format = GAMES folder) then yes, with PS3 ISO REBUILDER and the correct IRD file, best results if all the files including update are dumped and unmodified

For digital games it is possible too (see my tutorial here or use psn liberator) but quality of results WILL vary and generally sucks

4. OldGnashburg

OP OldGnashburg Cobra Chicken Summoner

Canada
    Link to your tutorial?

5. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    psn liberator for installed games. it's very easy to use, in fact, the latest has most klicenses.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installed,