Can I transfer my 2ds emunand to my 3ds emunand using one SD card.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dragonblazer87, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Dragonblazer87
    OP

Dragonblazer87 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2015
    Canada
    I have a 2ds with emunand 10.3, sysnand 9.2 and I am planning to downgrade my o3ds to 9.2 and installing cfw and emunand. I would like to use my 2ds emuand's games and save data on my 3ds's emunand but my 2ds has a larger SD card. I want to use that SD card on my 3ds instead of my 2ds by transferring them to my 3ds' emunand. Is it possible to system transfer between two consoles using one SD card or at least transfer the save data?

2. mooglazer

mooglazer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    You can use SaveDataFiler to extract and transfer your saves.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You won't be able to do a system transfer (you'd need to be in emuNAND on both) so just back up and reinject your saves as mooglaser said.

4. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    Can you expand on this? I have an o3ds with a NNID attached to emuNAND (no NNID on sysNAND, they're unlinked) that I'd like to transfer to a n3DS. You're saying that if I set up emuNAND (presumably without creating a NNID) on my n3DS I'll be able to do a system transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND?

5. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yep. You have to downgrade the emuNAND on the old 3ds if it is 9.3 or above (so its between 9.0-9.2) and have a 9.0-9.2 emunand on the n3ds also. You spoof eShop on both so that it lets you do the system transfer. Choose all options that say wireless data transfer, not moving SD cards (removing the SD card while running emuNAND will crash your console). If you have too much data in the o3ds it causes problems, so uninstall or delete stuff you don't really need (you can always redownload anything legit afterwards). At the end, if you get into a loop on the n3ds where you boot into emuNAND and its still doing the transfer then it wants to restart, so you boot up again, boot emuNAND and the same thing happens, when you boot up, disable wifi BEFORE booting up emuNAND then it will give you the choice to quit. Do so, then spoof eShop again and enter the eShop. When you come back out all your stuff appears like magic.

6. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    While it's probably easier to just redo my CFW lol, it's gratifying to know it's possible.

But uh, really stupid question. How do I spoof the eshop on 9.2 for this purpose?

7. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It used to be as easy as installing freemultipatcher.cia and running it, but now it's a little bit harder due to extra checks that Nintendo implemented recently. I haven't done it since before the extra checks so I'm not knowledgeable there, but there should be plenty of posts about it, you shouldn't have to dig further than the 2nd page of this forum.

8. Luke94

Luke94 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    Poland
    is there anyway to play ds roms and 2ds/3ds roms games on my red&white 2ds without r4i and with sdhc cards?My 2DS got software version 11.0.0-33E.One more thing emunand can't find my sdcard 4gb http://i.imgur.com/q2NWHYC.png