Hacking Can I transfer eshop games from emunand to sysnand?

r4izuk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to redownload four swords from the eshop and they only show up on emunand 9.4 but won't play. When I go back to 4.5 sysnand, the game isn't there, only on emunand.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Your sysnand is unlinked from emunand. You won't be able to play it on your sysnand because you would have to update it before it will let you use eShop or relink it to an NNID that bought the game.

I would have had told you just to flash emunand to your sysnand, but you already have it updated to 9.4, so obviously that would be a bad idea. About the only thing you can do is boot into gateway mode without emunand and install a CIA of the game to sysnand. Issue is, you won't be able to play it without being in gateway mode. So you're out of options unless you have a 9.2 or older emunand that you backed up that still uses the same NNID as your emunand. At which point you can just flash that back to your sysnand via the downgrade menu.

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your sysnand is unlinked from emunand. You won't be able to play it on your sysnand because you would have to update it before it will let you use eShop or relink it to an NNID that bought the game.

I would have had told you just to flash emunand to your sysnand, but you already have it updated to 9.4, so obviously that would be a bad idea. About the only thing you can do is boot into gateway mode without emunand and install a CIA of the game to sysnand. Issue is, you won't be able to play it without being in gateway mode. So you're out of options unless you have a 9.2 or older emunand that you backed up that still uses the same NNID as your emunand. At which point you can just flash that back to your sysnand via the downgrade menu.

Can't he do any of the following things?
  • flash a backup of a linked emunand using emunand tool
  • backup system nand, inject into emunand using emunand tool
  • format emunand anew

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah he could relink nand by flashing a 9.2 or older version of his emunand to sysnand. That's if he backed it up before he updated it to 9.4. Otherwise he'll have to format sysnand and recopy it to emunand.

Not sure why you'd want them relinked though. Issues arise from doing so. Like having to unwrap games/homebrew installed via DevMenu/BigBlueMenu/BigRedMenu and not being able to organize the icons (they would constantly reset due to interaction with sysnand)

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah he could relink nand by flashing a 9.2 or older version of his emunand to sysnand. That's if he backed it up before he updated it to 9.4. Otherwise he'll have to format sysnand and recopy it to emunand.

Not sure why you'd want them relinked though. Issues arise from doing so. Like having to unwrap games/homebrew installed via DevMenu/BigBlueMenu/BigRedMenu and not being able to organize the icons (they would constantly reset due to interaction with sysnand)

He wants four swords on sysnand. Can't he just:
  1. Dump sysnand
  2. Backup emunand
  3. Inject sysnand backup into emunand
  4. Update emunand to 9.4
  5. Download four swords
I just tried that. I bought picross e on emunand, then did the process above. It didn't show up on sysnand :S

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the bump, just a question if my sysNAND is linked to emuNAND and I download a game from e-Shop(yes I know that 9.6 is still not supported), will it be playable on both sysNAND and emuNAND ?And will the save file also be universal (Progress-wise) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...