can i trade someone in pokemon shield if i have cfw and the person i want to trade has ofw?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw playing online with other players is a good way to get banned. You can dump your save file and use pkhex to edit in pokemon and inject the updated save back into your switch(sysnand). Theres no reason for you to be on cfw to trade with others.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially to sum up the answers.
Yes you can. But which way you trade (locally or online) will depend on your setup to avoid a ban

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw playing online with other players is a good way to get banned. You can dump your save file and use pkhex to edit in pokemon and inject the updated save back into your switch(sysnand). Theres no reason for you to be on cfw to trade with others.
Yes there is. You just have to not be selfish (while not being above cheating) to see that. The person on OFW obviously wants a shiny or something.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is. You just have to not be selfish (while not being above cheating) to see that. The person on OFW obviously wants a shiny or something.
So why cant he just get the said shinnies offline in cfw then trade via ofw? Its abit tedious but atleast hes not online with cheats.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why cant he just get the said shinnies offline in cfw then trade via ofw? Its abit tedious but atleast hes not online with cheats.
Nobody said he couldn't. But perhaps he only has 1 console and doesn't want to go online because of his CFW use, but wants to know if there is still a way to transfer from that console, to one with OFW. Or maybe he has 2 consoles and wants to play online with the non-cfw console using all shinies or something. The answer is apparently yes, with local trading. My point to your reply is that there are indeed reasons someone would want to do it. If you expect those reasons to be rational to YOU, then you must live a pretty stressful life.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody said he couldn't. But perhaps he only has 1 console and doesn't want to go online because of his CFW use, but wants to know if there is still a way to transfer from that console, to one with OFW. Or maybe he has 2 consoles and wants to play online with the non-cfw console using all shinies or something. The answer is apparently yes, with local trading. My point to your reply is that there are indeed reasons someone would want to do it. If you expect those reasons to be rational to YOU, then you must live a pretty stressful life.

can i trade someone in pokemon shield if i have cfw and the person i want to trade has ofw?

Im only going by what his title states which indicates another person not himself with 2 switch otherwise he could of stated that.
My point is to help prevent himself getting flagged or ban, I have 2 hacked switch, but still never go online with cfw even if others have. I don't think your suggestion is rational its more careless imo b/c if the OP forgets hes online and does crazy cheating then what?

The safest thing would be lan trading if the said person is near him, but if its WIFI I'd suggest doing all the cfw cheating offline or save edit the pokemon he wants then inject the save to his sysnand and trade in ofw. Everyone in this forum should help prevent another ban statistic to tell newcomers its not ok to go online with cfw period. If they think its ok with 1 game they will do it on other games.

Toa_235

Romantic_Carpet
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Croatia
megabump, i'm also wondering the same thing, i have a couple cfw v1s and a legit online OLED
is there any risk if i trade pokemon from SP on the cfw switch to my oled with BD legit copy that my OLED would get banned ? i don't really care if v1s get banned only my oled is important

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way your oled will get banned (TO MY UNDERSTANDING AND EXPERIENCE) is if you traded "illegal mons" from your hacked to oled. I trade my friend a bunch of pkmn on sw/sh to get the shiny charm and he hasn't been banned. I also play stardew with gf quite often. Both of them haven't been banned.
P.s. my hacked unit is banned

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Toa_235

Romantic_Carpet
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The only way your oled will get banned (TO MY UNDERSTANDING AND EXPERIENCE) is if you traded "illegal mons" from your hacked to oled. I trade my friend a bunch of pkmn on sw/sh to get the shiny charm and he hasn't been banned. I also play stardew with gf quite often. Both of them haven't been banned.
P.s. my hacked unit is banned

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
thanks for your input, other readers please do comment your experiences later on :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning