Gaming Can I trade GBA pokemon to DS games?

TyphonBlackheart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Pokemon LeafGreen and Pokemon Emerald that I play on the MyBoy GBA Android Emulator, is it possible to trade with my HeartGold that I play on a firstgen DS?

Wanderersi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not unless someone has written code that allows them to speak over a wifi network you'd need my boy or some other emulator to support it and a wpa or open wifi network to connect them both on because ds phat the first generation ds only connects over wpa or open wifi networks. This would be the only solution if you had a legit ds cart of the game. Infact i think the ds's may have just directly connected to each other to make the trade. Otherwise if you have an r4 cart acekard or something similar you could get your save file of it and use that in an emulator to trade with the save of your other two pokemon games im not sure if any emulator does this but look around and you might find something. Your best bet would be to use some pc ds emulators. Also from what ive read it seems that you can only trade from a lower generation to a higher one so from heart gold to leaf green etc.

Last edited by Wanderersi,

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be possible.
DeSmuME allows you to load a slot-2 rom and save to interact with the slot-1 game being played. All you would have to do is load a LeafGreen rom and your save file, and you'd be able to transfer to a HeartGold save that progressed far enough to access Pal Park.
As none of the Pokemon games aren't officially supported by DeSmuME's developer, I'd suggest you save often to avoid crashes.

As DeSmuME uses its own .dsv save format, you'd have to import your .sav using the "Import Backup Memory" option, and then export the save once finished using "Export Backup Memory" to ensure it'd still be compatible with your flashcart.

If you don't use a DS flashcart, and are in fact using the retail cartridge, you'd need a way to dump the save using either a homebrew 3DS or a hardware cartridge dumper, but the steps afterward would be the same.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have Pokemon LeafGreen and Pokemon Emerald that I play on the MyBoy GBA Android Emulator, is it possible to trade with my HeartGold that I play on a firstgen DS?
yes, if you have a DS flashcart it's simple to backup the save use a save editor and replace the save on your cartridge.
you can also trade to a emulated DS game in desmume

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it