Hacking Question Can i switch to sx os from free cfw?

myangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a NSW today from my brother and he doesnt play anymore so he just pass it to me he also buy it somewhere it come with reinand cfw

I really like cheat code and found out that SX os can use lots of cheat so if i want to switch to sx os what do i need to do? are they any risk or anything?

JdR54Zj.png

Here is everything on root micro-sd card i don't do anything much since i got it i just install homebrew appstore and install ftpd i already try shutdown console and restart with payload seem to work fine

thank in advance

myangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite what i looking for thank for suggestion anyway

I just want to open the game and use the menu for select cheat not to manual searching it or go through so many process that why i want to switch to sx os

But what i want to know is how like i just buy license and can just follow the instruction paste file into the root and doing payload it will just work ? or do i need to delete anything or change anything at all?

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got a NSW today from my brother and he doesnt play anymore so he just pass it to me he also buy it somewhere it come with reinand cfw

I really like cheat code and found out that SX os can use lots of cheat so if i want to switch to sx os what do i need to do? are they any risk or anything?

JdR54Zj.png

Here is everything on root micro-sd card i don't do anything much since i got it i just install homebrew appstore and install ftpd i already try shutdown console and restart with payload seem to work fine

thank in advance
You can mix and match CFW.
You can either use free solutions you have to patch up yourself and can't force developer up do anything or easy one - SX OS where you have everything gathered up and you can demand updates as an user.

With SX OS will you need to do is to copy boot.dat on your sd card and run console with external payload.

Full "Lazy" option is SX Pro with both license and needed hardware.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
the best feature that SX OS has that Free CFW don't is loading XCI from USB,until this feature becomes available on FREE CFW people will continue paying for SX

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
No, you'll need to pay for sx os if you want to use it.

Did you not see the post just a few posts above yours? Clearly you do not....

the best feature that SX OS has that Free CFW don't is loading XCI from USB,until this feature becomes available on FREE CFW people will continue paying for SX

I don't really understand this one. The switch is a mobile console. The ext HDD is great for docked mode, but does everyone really spend more time docked than not? Even at 50/50, that makes a external HD rather encumbersome to carry around with you in order to play a game?

400gb microsd's went on sale for $79 and you can get them pretty regularly for $99. Im not sure I see a great benefit for dock HD support for xci loading. I see a brick that weighs you down and is entirely unneccessary. Thats not to say its not a useful feature for some, the more features the better, I just think your statement of "best feature" is no where near close to accurate.

Their best feature currently not available in the open source codebase is emunand. Which will be out soon enough so it wont matter.

It depends. Is it possible to use cheat files with this? Just curious.

No, this program helps you find memory offsets and patches them so that you can manually discover and implement specific cheats. It would be nice if they would allow the application to create and apply patches! in this sx os has better functionality.

3DS4FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use SX OS Pro and it's easy and I'm lazy. Everything worked "FIRST TRY"! I like mounting xci's with updates, dlc already built into the xci. Spend the little bit extra and just order the SX OS Pro over just buying the SX OS alone. Buy a small light portable hard drive for cheap to carry around your entire collection. If you don't want to pay for it then there are good free alternatives that are being updated all the time.

Last edited by 3DS4FUN,
D

Deleted User

Did you not see the post just a few posts above yours? Clearly you do not....
Then use the last ReiNX with RomMenu (attention look for the "working" version!) then you can use the SX OS Cheats ;)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sxos-rommenu-nsp-nros.519365/

That should be EXACTLY what you are looking for without buying SX OS ;)

P.S. you need to be on 5.x with your Switch it is not working on 6.x at the moment!

It's clear none of you guys actually tested this because I did and it doesn't work. ReiNX does not have cheat support like SX OS

A

a9lh-1user

https://reinx.guide

Release v2.0
Dec 23, 2018
  • Full Support for Switch Firmware 6.2.0
  • Warmboot (sleepmode) is now working on downgraded Switches with excess blown fuses (Read more in our FAQ)
  • Partial implementation of SX OS services. Can load ROMMENU, but cannot mount XCIs as of this moment. Other functionality may be broken or untested.
  • Can optionally chainload a recovery payload when booting and holding holding volume up. This recovery will be located in sdmc:/ReiNX/Recovery.bin. At this moment there is no recovery payload (one in the works, look forward to it) but you can use it to boot any other Fusée Gelée payload as a dual boot.
  • Launching payload while holding Volume Down (known as verbose boot) will display the boot log text in the horizontal orientation, like you would naturally use the device.
  • LayeredFS sysmodule (fs_mitm.kip) updated, and now required to boot.
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Find the important part for yourself ;)
And click on the link for the Rommenu.

A

a9lh-1user

I did and it worked under FW 5.1 and with Rommenu 2.2 .
Now go test it please!

One more think:

You wrote: "ReiNX does not have cheat support like SX OS"
and that's correct!
But i used it and it worked. (On FW 5.1 with Rommenu 2.2) Read everything in those thread and you will find your answer!

Please don't say again it wont work if you didn't try everything ;)

THIS WAS WRONG INFORMATION FROM ME!

Take a look here and you will see that i was wrong:
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/NX_Sy...923382aaec4cdae02ab/loader/source/ldr_cht.cpp

Thanks to json

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...