Hacking Can I still use SD Emunand 6.1 if I update my Sysnand to 6.2?

Aniblaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys, relatively new to emunand, so I was wondering if emunand checks the burned fuses if I were to update my sysnand to 6.2. Has anybody tried doing this?

Fafner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I saw a post in the Darkumbra forum stating that 6.2.0 won't let you access your CFW anymore. Can't see how it could do this, it could just be a fake, but I prefer to wait just a bit :)

Last edited by Fafner,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, relatively new to emunand, so I was wondering if emunand checks the burned fuses if I were to update my sysnand to 6.2. Has anybody tried doing this?
You should be able since, as stated before, RCM bypass the fusee check. This means: as long as you can lunch the CFW with RCM, you can lunch any version you want, not depending in wich was the last firmware installed in your console.
Still, I'd wait for further confirmation (someone who tries it out)

D

Deleted-188346

You should be able since, as stated before, RCM bypass the fusee check. This means: as long as you can lunch the CFW with RCM, you can lunch any version you want, not depending in wich was the last firmware installed in your console.
Yep, I'm able to boot into my SD emuNAND on 5.x with my clean NAND on 6.2.

To anyone with AUTORCM: Booting into "original firmware" with SX OS results in a black screen though, so AUTORCM isn't very helpful right now with SX OS.

x7l7j8cc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, im using Original NAND with 6.2 , and SD EmuNAND 6.1 ...
i dont use autorcm, so if i want to boot original, i just switch on. if i want sxos i do the rcm everytime and boot CFW with EmuNAND.

Fafner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
6.2? Isn't 6.2 blocking all CFWs around? These are the voices which are spreading around in these hours.
Or do they mean you can't actually have a 6.2 CFW (with Emunand or whatever else) but you can boot into your 6.1 CFW?
I'm confused about being able to update the OFW to 6.2 without making SX Pro useless.

Last edited by Fafner,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
6.2? Isn't 6.2 blocking all CFWs around? These are the voices which are spreading around in these hours.
Or do they mean you can't actually have a 6.2 CFW (with Emunand or whatever else) but you can boot into your 6.1 CFW?
I'm confused about being able to update the OFW to 6.2 without making SX Pro useless.
But if you are not booting to 6.2.0, how can it block anything?
EmuNAND 100% does not care about your SysNAND.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

All this lunch talk is making me hungry :)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw a post in the Darkumbra forum stating that 6.2.0 won't let you access your CFW anymore. Can't see how it could do this, it could just be a fake, but I prefer to wait just a bit :)
New way of generating keys.
This is the exact same situation for almost every FW update. Couldn't boot CFW on 6.0 either right at first. Woke up next morning, SX OS update, everything working again.
The keys leak a few hours after a fw releases, CFWs are updated, everything works again. If you can stop yourself from updating THE VERY SECOND a new fw. hits, then you'll be fine anyway.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don't eat your Switch, it tastes bad. :P

Reactions: xs4all and Bedel

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This is the exact same situation for almost every FW update. Couldn't boot CFW on 6.0 either right at first. Woke up next morning, SX OS update, everything working again.
The keys leak a few hours after a fw releases, CFWs are updated, everything works again. If you can stop yourself from updating THE VERY SECOND a new fw. hits, then you'll be fine anyway.
Nope this is for the first time ninty has implemented something like this. A whole new way of generating the keys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find +1