Can I still play online if my 3DS can play ISOs?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by King Mustard, Aug 14, 2014.

1. King Mustard
    OP

King Mustard Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2013
    I haven't bought a 3DS yet.

I will buy one if I can play ISOs of 3DS games (like I used to be able to with a flash cart for my DS many years ago).

I'm not sure how to do this yet.

Is it possible to still be able to play online and use the eShop if my 3DS is capable of playing ISOs?

2. X3Quest

X3Quest Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2013
    Senegal
    FOA,if you mean that the ISO for psp you can't play it in ds or 3ds.I doubt that you can actually play ISO on ds. if I mistaken about what u mean for ISO please pardon me.

3. Sorox

Sorox Master Firo Soul

Jul 8, 2008
    United States
    çİş
    I think he's just getting ISOs confused with other roms like most people do.

To answer your question OP, you need to read the stickies for this section, specifically anything related to 3ds flashcarts. best one so far is gateway. IF you do have a 3ds capable pof woirking with the flashcart, (3ds on firmware 4.1-4.5) then gateway will work. Only issue right now is that you need to update to the newest update to go to the eshop or online, and the newest updates use a new encryption that gateway hasn't publicly released a workaround for. So, until that workaround comes out, you can't play online or go to the eshop.

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You can still play online as long as it's renamed as .3dz has a valid header and requires no additional shop updates.