Hardware Can I still get an Official Wii Classic Controller Pro gamepad affordable?

saulin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I tried the Wii Classic Controller Pro on emulators at my friend's place and wow it has to be the best gamepad I used. Street Fighter moves are super easy to pull and it has a nice design and it ahs the R1 R2 and L1 L2 shoulder buttons.

So I'm like. Ok I'll get me one from kijiji and to my surprise no one is selling any locally. I went to Eb Games and they don't sell them. Not even used. I found out that Nintendo discontinued production for them. And now they are no where to be found locally.

They used to be $25 CAD brand new and now the stores that have them for sale sell them at $70CAD or about $40 CAD used?

http://www.amazon.ca/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Nintendo/dp/B002TLTBN0

Is there any place to still get one affordable? like less than $30 CAD perhaps?

I noticed that Ebay has a lot of look a like controllers, they are not the official Nintendo Wii Classic Controller Pro but look identical for less than $10 shipped. Has anyone tried one of these? Are they as good as the official one?

extentofmysin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
Not brand new, unless you keep hunting around locally and manage to get very lucky. On ebay I went with a reputable store (with many sales + very high positive feedback eg 99-100%), and bought one second hand, unboxed, in an 'as new' condition. The gold one seemed less collectable than the black at the time, which was £20. I think this amounts to around $35 CA unfortunately.

The videogames market at the moment can be compared to the passionate comic or card collecting scenes of the 80s, when you consider sealed game dedicated websites and VGA games. Even last generation software and hardware seem to be constantly pushed up and up in value, especially when it comes to Nintendo related products - good for the collector that wants to buy and sell for profit, arguably not so much for the gamer that wants to collect only to play

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it would run me NEW 45.00 USD (about 50 CAD) with Prime. One Black, Seven White left. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-C...21&sr=8-1&keywords=Wii+Classic+Controller+Pro

Not sure if that would help at all. Personally I'd just do it on a PC if you have one. Use a Gravis. Street Fighter is pretty low end as far as system requirements go, even if playing it on Dolphin via emulation. Otherwise, I'd say keep hitting ebay and expect a lot of fraud.

According to the reviews, the cheap ones are just that, cheap. Don't bother if you want quality.

saulin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah amazon.com has more content and way cheaper prices than amazon.ca. It's ridiculous

Hey guys I can pick up the regular classic controller fairly cheap locally. For anyone that has the Classic and the Classic Pro Wii controllers. Is the D-Pad exactly the same? I loved the feel of the one from the Classic Pro. I can pull street fighter moves anytime without any problems.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Yikes, that's expensive. I got one at Target on clearance for less than $15, brand new. If you look in the right stores, you may find them. See if you can get some deals or something to bring down the price, if you're able to.

saulin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I tested a Wii Classic Controller and Wii Classic Controller Pro, 3 DualShock PS2 controllers, 1 DualShock PSX controller, 1 PSone Controller and I have to say that the Wii Classic Controller Pro has the best D-Pad for Street Fighter Moves.

Unfortunately the D-Pad on the Playstation controllers are also not working as they should since these are old used controllers I had. I can totally feel how the D-Pad just doesn't respond properly and even I have 2 Playstation controllers where the a button is not working properly.

I just ordered a Japanese Wii Classic Controller Pro from Ebay for $31CAD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum