Hacking Can I stick with Firmware 3.2U

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you were previously at 4.1 then you will have the necessary IOSes required to run the latest games. I am at 3.2U (never updated) and although I use an USBLoader which negates the need for the latest IOSes I have the option to install them manually via wad manager if I wish to do so without the need to update to 4.1.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Staying at 3.2 after downgrading from 4.1 puts you at a moderately high risk of bricking. Pretty much "accidentally" doing any disc update that's moderately recent will brick you really badly and only boot2 bootmii would be able to save you.

You shouldn't lose any functionality if you just run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater now. As long as you have a cIOS installed, you should still be able to do pretty much anything on 4.1 that 3.2 can do.

Also backup launcher 0.3 is outdated, at the very least, update that to NeoGamma R7.

Edit: And if you don't update, yes the skip update check hack is pretty necessary, if any games prompts for an update in the disc channel, you cannot click on that at all or you will pretty much brick your Wii as I said above. The only way to play the game otherwise would be to use a backup loader. But again, if someone else "accidentally" clicks that update, you're fucked.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Staying at 3.2 after downgrading from 4.1 puts you at a moderately high risk of bricking. Pretty much "accidentally" doing any disc update that's moderately recent will brick you really badly and only boot2 bootmii would be able to save you.

You shouldn't lose any functionality if you just run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater now. As long as you have a cIOS installed, you should still be able to do pretty much anything on 4.1 that 3.2 can do.

Also backup launcher 0.3 is outdated, at the very least, update that to NeoGamma R7.

Edit: And if you don't update, yes the skip update check hack is pretty necessary, if any games prompts for an update in the disc channel, you cannot click on that at all or you will pretty much brick your Wii as I said above. The only way to play the game otherwise would be to use a backup loader. But again, if someone else "accidentally" clicks that update, you're fucked.
exactly. there is no valid reason to stick to firmware 3.2 anymore. back in the day, there was. stick with the present people!

thevilman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I sticked to 3.2 E till last week when I tried playing the Conduit and it didn't work at all
it would even show up on the disc channel
by the time I thought it was a matter of my system menu since I had manually installed all IOS required via WAD Manager and it would be recognized at all
so I did a bit of research and I figured it was pretty safe to go for a higher system menu
before running Wanikoko's Firmware Update I installed a patched version of IOS 60 and the conduit worked but I was already decided to migrate and it all went fine
I mean, my wii is hardmoded with wiikey and I was trying to keep it as clean as possible from this softmod thing
for those who have softmoded wiis , there is nothing you lose going for 4.1
and nowadays nothing is being developed for 3.2 firmwares

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
xzxero said:
exactly. there is no valid reason to stick to firmware 3.2 anymore. back in the day, there was. stick with the present people!
If you stick with the present i.e. use a USB Loader and TriiForce there is no reason to move to 4.1 either!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
xzxero said:
If you stick with the present i.e. use a USB Loader and TriiForce there is no reason to move to 4.1 either!

Well in his case he DOES have the whole stub IOS50/getting out of danger of brick zone reason to update because he downgraded.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

Last year i downgraded the system 3.3E to 3.2E. But if i want to update to system 4.1 can i just do that by updating by nintendo or by waninko 4.1 updater or will i brick the wii ???

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

fully agree i use usb for VC/Wiiware Emulator roms, Mp3's Cams and other media wii backups ect and the very fact the nand can be emulated should make you think twice about calling one "better" than another its purely a matter of preference IMO...

I am on 3.2 and can play any game i like i have 2 terrabytes and one wd passport 320 gig usb hdd's so i have no use at all for the SD icon infact i find it rather unattractive
tongue.gif
lol but seriously i have been on 3.2 for a long time and it works just fine
wink.gif
i create wii themes and channels np there really isnt alot of anything one can do that the other doesnt aside from the additional sd support
wink.gif
i run the newest internet channel newest shop channel newest nintendo channel play games from the disk drive or usb loaders ect

so it boils down to your preference
wink.gif
mostly
tongue.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:

fully agree i use usb for VC/Wiiware Emulator roms, Mp3's Cams and other media wii backups ect and the very fact the nand can be emulated should make you think twice about calling one "better" than another its purely a matter of preference IMO...

I am on 3.2 and can play any game i like i have 2 terrabytes and one wd passport 320 gig usb hdd's so i have no use at all for the SD icon infact i find it rather unattractive
tongue.gif
lol but seriously i have been on 3.2 for a long time and it works just fine
wink.gif
i create wii themes and channels np there really isnt alot of anything one can do that the other doesnt aside from the additional sd support
wink.gif
i run the newest internet channel newest shop channel newest nintendo channel play games from the disk drive or usb loaders ect

so it boils down to your preference
wink.gif
mostly
tongue.gif
true. theres nothing wrong with 3.2, its just a thing in the past. its fully compatible with todays homebrew.
but 4.1 has everything 3.2 offers +more.
i mean eventually everyone will update, you know you want to deep down inside somewhere.

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I've posted it in another thread, but I think it won't hurt asking it here too..
Does the skip update hack work with original games too or only isos work without updating?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.