Can i somehow make the vita have better quality in remote play?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by lukasic, May 30, 2012.

1. lukasic
    OP

Newcomer lukasic Member

Yugoslavia
    I'm using kmeaw 3.55 cfw and the quality is very bad.How come on homer's videos the quality is awesome?I realise that psvita didnt exist until 4.00 FW but is there a way to make it look better?Thanks in advance.

2. Rutherford Atlas

Newcomer Rutherford Atlas Unintentional Marksman

United States
    Don't hate me if I'm wrong--I don't own a vita; I'm just going off of my PSP knowledge--but if you haven't done so, you probably want to set it up to connect directly to your PS3 if possible instead of having it communicate via your home Wi-Fi network. It should just be a rather obvious setting when you're setting up Remote Play. I recall that I didn't have my PSP set up this way before, and not only did Remote Play games have serious button lag, but the videos were crap quality. Things improved after properly connecting it, but it wasn't ALL that much better. What you're experiencing might be as good as it gets.

I'm actually planning to go pick up a Vita today, but hopefully my PSP experience will suffice in the meantime!

3. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Unfortunately not. The vita uses the PSP's remote play protocol which means it will be about as bad as on the PSP. The only difference is the Vita supports G and N network speeds so that makes things a bit faster. Sony is supposedly working on it (as well as a way to make vita remote play work on almost any game) but of course that will require a PS3 firmware update making it useless unless someone can make a 4.xx CFW (probably by making it a 3.55/4.XX hybrid, the same way 2.71SE was a 1.50/2.71 hybrid).