Can I simply format my Wii...?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kadin, Oct 2, 2009.

Oct 2, 2009

Can I simply format my Wii...? by Kadin at 8:33 PM (1,745 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kadin
    OP

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    I'm on 4.0u with HBC installed along with USB Loader GX and I'm thinking about going back to a stock Wii with no soft mod. Might have to send in my Wii shortly so I'd like to simply remove any and all traces of HBC, etc.

If I go in and choose to format my system memory, will that be sufficient? Or does something else need to be done prior?

Thanks!

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    just update to 4.2 if you haven't got the new homebrew channel and delete usbloader through wad manager first

3. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yes if you have any channels installed that are homebrew or pirated VC titles or whatever get the wad for them and uninstall them with wad manager. That will remove all traces of the channels and such. Once thats done make sure you remove the bootmii IOS install if you installed it. use the hackmii installer to remove it. once thats done just go to the system settings menu and choose the check for update option and update to the latest system menu through the nintendo servers. It's simple as that.

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    On the wii message board on the daily logs it will still showed you used the usb loader gx ext...

I highly doubt they would even look at this though.Although i believe formatting the wii will remove all the entries but don't quote me on that.

5. Kadin
    OP

United States
    So simply doing a system format will not undo what I've done then... I guess 'format' isn't the same as it used to be.

6. Kadin
    OP

United States
    Ok thanks for the response. Yeah my drive seems to be acting up a bit as of late so I'm not certain it's a hardware issue but I haven't changed anything on my Wii and it's now randomly not loading some store bought games. Figured it would be a Nintendo fixable issue but I certainly don't want them sending it back worse than before and/or knowing I've modded my system and basically losing the 35+ VC/WW games I've purchased...