Gaming Can I sell any of my steam games?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, during Steam sale all kind of games get massively discounted. Alan Wake is a good year old, and was barely 3 USD IIRC.
It's not only indie titles that get discounted in sale, it's all games
This. My computer failed Just Cause 2, which went on a massive discount multiple times throughout the sale. I failed to do enough research to see that even if my chip set was technically powerful enough to meet at least the minimum requirements, it wasn't good enough for the game to support it. Although, I also can't run Alan Wake, though, that's more to do with it complaining about my computer not doing anti-aliasing, I suppose. I discovered that one after a Humble Bundle weekly sale.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. My computer failed Just Cause 2, which went on a massive discount multiple times throughout the sale. I failed to do enough research to see that even if my chip set was technically powerful enough to meet at least the minimum requirements, it wasn't good enough for the game to support it. Although, I also can't run Alan Wake, though, that's more to do with it complaining about my computer not doing anti-aliasing, I suppose. I discovered that one after a Humble Bundle weekly sale.
Oh yeah, Just Cause 2 even gave my computer some probs, but nothing that lowering graphics from max couldn't fix.
thank you my pc is way strong enough to play the game but my wifi causes lag during multiplayer but I fixed it today thanks guys
That is definitely not something you can get a refund for. But I'm glad you fixed it.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys didn't notice, the OP fixed his problem. It wasn't graphics-related, it was network-related. So a better GPU isn't gonna help him.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that he never finds another (more demanding) game he wants to play in the entire lifespan of his (upgraded) system?

I'm not saying that there aren't good reasons to have a system capable of playing modern AAA games. What I'm saying is that there is a pretty large difference between a $3 impulse buy and a (minimum) $150 investment in system hardware. The former can be done on a whim with limited impact on budget, the latter, not so much.

It's similar to, for example, finding out my friend is giving away one of his 3DS games, but I don't have a 3DS. What you're suggesting is that I should go out and purchase a new 3DS system so I can take advantage of the free game and save money.

However, all of this is moot, because as someone else already pointed out, the OP's issue was not with lack of GPU oomph. Grats on solving the issue OP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?