Hacking can i sell a moded wii on ebay and not get arrested?

chaotic15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
im going to b geting rid of my wii. only thing is is its softmoded. and i was thinkin of puttin it on ebay with my burned games.

wii will include:
moded wii system in original box+controller an nunchuck an sensor bar.
wiispeak
wii zapper w/link crossbow training
gc controller
gc controller extention cord
16X madcatz gc mem. card(over 1000 blocks)
another wii mote and nunchuck
classic controller
4 wii mote gloves
512mb sd card
18 burned wii games
non burned original wii sports
31 burned gc games

all for $700.00 wat u guys think.an can i put it on ebay.

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The auction would likely get removed withiin a couple of hours of you putting up.
Burned games are worth the cost of your blank DVD. Nothing more. Best not to even mention backups in the listing.
If you then want to offer them to the winner of the auction, you can email them privately afterwards.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With just the mods you may have been able to get by, but you also included pirated software, which is a big no on when it comes to selling.

You may have a chance if you don't included pirated stuff.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
700$ for a modded wii , a bunch of controllers and dvd-r... I think this is a scam

anyway, selling burned games would most likely get your sale closed at the end of the first day

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, auction would be removed. I don't think you can even sell a modchip on ebay. plus $700 is a ripoff for that.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
$700, you have to be joking surely. If you're adding in the value of burnt games then you shouldn't be. It cost you next to nothing, so you shouldn't be profiteering off it.

Ebay will simply remove the listing, and if not you'd be hard pressed selling it for that amount anyway. It is second hand afterall..

chaotic15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so put extras and have thum email me...ok. or i could just put wii with a shit load of stuff and like 50 games(but not mentoin there pirated)

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:
so put extras and have thum email me...ok. or i could just put wii with a shit load of stuff and like 50 games(but not mentoin there pirated)

That could lead to a problem. Just put the plus extras email thing. Mentioning the games could be misleading.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:

You're really putting yourself into a legal risk. Pirating it for yourself is one thing, but selling something with pirated games can get you into some serious shit.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:
hi
im going to b geting rid of my wii. only thing is is its softmoded. and i was thinkin of puttin it on ebay with my burned games.

wii will include:
wiispeak
gc controller
classic controller
4 wii mote gloves
512mb sd card
18 burned wii games
31 burned gc games

These items, minus the burned games, are worth under $450 NEW. You're really trying to make $250 for some burned dvd-rs? $250 for pirated software? Really? Nice. You're ripping off the game developers and the purchaser all in one. Two birds with one stone, right?

Dick. If I see the auction, I'll report it myself.

chaotic15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i no i no. but im tryin to get a ps3 or 360. an im tryin free site like rewards1 an youps34free.com and swagbucks.com. but it all takes to long to get shit an thats y i put my swag bucks referal link as my sig. so ppl would sign up and i could get my shit. cuz wen u sign up watever points you earn i do to. so anyone wanna help me that way.(i hope thats not spamin a site cuz i was just explainin it and askin for some help) swag bucks u earn point by searchin the web from there site an the searches go thru google and ask. so if u do sign up do it thru my refferal. thnxs.(please dont count as spaming)

Posts merged

imapterodactyl said:
chaotic15 said:
hi

wii will include:
wiispeak
gc controller
classic controller
4 wii mote gloves
512mb sd card
18 burned wii games
31 burned gc games

These items, minus the burned games, are worth under $450 NEW. You're really trying to make $250 for some burned dvd-rs? $250 for pirated software? Really? Nice. You're ripping off the game developers and the purchaser all in one. Two birds with one stone, right?

Dick. If I see the auction, I'll report it myself.
ok umm u dont need 2 b a DICK im just tryin to get sum opinions ok.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:
ok umm u dont need 2 b a DICK im just tryin to get sum opinions ok.

I'M the one being a dick? Quoted from a post above, by you:

chaotic15so put extras and have thum email me...ok. or i could just put wii with a shit load of stuff and like 50 games(but not mentoin there pirated)

You want to totally rip people off by simply "not mentioning" that the games are pirated? Neat. Maybe you'll go to jail. You really don't see any problem with what you're doing? Needing money to buy a PS3 hardly gives you the right to rip people off.

You want opinions? Here ya go: grow up, and don't fuck people over. Here's another one, for free: get a job. It's summer, so unless you're in summer school, you've got no excuse there. And if you ARE in summer school... study>games.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Be honest about what you are selling. It's really scummy to mislead people into buying pirated copies by making them think they're original.
2. Don't sell pirated games.
3. If you want a PS3 or a 360 that badly sell the Wii and then get a job to make up the difference.
4. It's summer--people need lawns cut. Charge $20 or so a lawn and you'll have that PS3/360 in no time.
5. You aren't going to get Eleventy billion dollars for a second-hand modded (warranty voided and/or expired) Wii-- regardless of how uber 133t you think it is.
6. Pictures are a MUST for an ebay auction.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love how people pirate games and then want $300 extra dollars cuz they ripped ninty off for free. Ebay will pull your listing as wellas craigslist, and asking $700 for that pack wont matter nobody will ever buy it. I charge my friends $5-$10 for a game. Or take it out in trade. I also hate when people say WII WITH 10 GAMES and come to find out theres 10 games in wii play and its really only one game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real