Hacking can i sell a moded wii on ebay and not get arrested?

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
I love how people pirate games and then want $300 extra dollars cuz they ripped ninty off for free.
QUOTE(TRushInfo @ Jul 15 2009, 10:03 PM) I charge my friends $5-$10 for a game.

If I just read that correctly my head just asploded from your cognitive dissonance. And if the latter is true, well, that's scummy as hell.

chaotic15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and i do care pirateing im just doin it cuz i dont have money to go out buy games cuz im in debt. an i just unhacked my wii an all my games i gave to my friends tim an bruce.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:
and i do care pirateing im just doin it cuz i dont have money to go out buy games cuz im in debt. an i just unhacked my wii an all my games i gave to my friends tim an bruce.

Tim and Bruce are lucky guys, and now you can sell your Wii legally. If you get $350, well then that's enough to buy yourself a 360 and a couple games of your choice, I believe. Or even a PS3.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sl33p said:
TRushInfo said:
I love how people pirate games and then want $300 extra dollars cuz they ripped ninty off for free.
QUOTE(TRushInfo @ Jul 15 2009, 10:03 PM) I charge my friends $5-$10 for a game.

If I just read that correctly my head just asploded from your cognitive dissonance. And if the latter is true, well, that's scummy as hell.

grog.gif

I used to copy discs for my friends, but I'd make them buy their own dvd-rs. Now I've made 'em get USB HDs, and I usually only copy their own real games onto them, so they don't have to muck about with discs (small children + discs = problems). I still have a couple friends I'll give games to, but that's because they're downright poor and I know they aren't in a situation to be able to buy the games they want anyway; and another I'll give anything he wants, because I know if he likes it, he'll go buy the real thing for his collection...

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, it's plain wrong to personally gain due to piracy. It's one thing to enjoy the benefits of it yourself, but you should in no way reap any reward for your action. You can count me as another person who will report you if I find your listing.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
making profit out of piracy = dumb
selling piracy = dumb
pirating because you got no money = dumb

why don't you go steal (pirate) some food at the supermarket for yourself while you're at it?

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i actually loled at the title:

"... and not get arrested"

OH NO YOU WONT!

anyway... i tried putting a friends Wii on ebay, just he mention of wiikey was automatically rejected (well almost... never got it to show on the list to items for sale)

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
selling piracy = dumb

why don't you go steal (pirate) some food at the supermarket for yourself while you're at it?
Sure, let me go infinitely replicate some groceries without destroying the originals. Because shoplifting and piracy are the same thing.

Oh, wait.
unsure.gif

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chemodile said:
djricekcn said:
selling piracy = dumb

Sure, let me go infinitely replicate some groceries without destroying the originals. Because shoplifting and piracy are the same thing.

Oh, wait.
unsure.gif

You don't need original or replicate to steal or pirate.

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try craigslist for maybe half of what you were asking for. Seriously why is everyone all over this guy for pirating when we're all in a WII HACKING FORUM!!

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
selling piracy = dumb

1. You don't sell "piracy", you sell pirated things.
2. Pirate because you don't have money is considered logical by several people because it eliminates the need to pay for a game to enjoy it.
3. Stealing and Piracy are completely separate things. Stealing removes the original, while piracy makes a copy of it.

alfaalex101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I got a Wii, soft modded with some top rated GC games (anything that got above 8.5 on gamespot) and Wii titles (same as GC rating scheme) and I'm probably going to sell it for $400 CDN on craigslist. This isn't because of the pirated software (okay so it is :3 ) but it's because I'll actually miss it. At first I wanted to sell the thing cus it was so USELESS (360/PS3 FTW!) and the games were so bland until I found out about the modding scene and how it's so amazing! Videos on the Wii. Homebrew on the Wii. "Backups" on the Wii. Reliving all those old classic GC games on the Wii! It's great! It's actually AWESOME! Now I've come to love my Wii but... I got to sell it now... $400....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb