Can I sell 3DS with digital games, and give NNID away for good?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MattKimura, Dec 2, 2014.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I've been wondering, can you sell a 3DS with digital games on it, and GIVE the buyer my NNID user and pass (Giving up my account entirely, and just moving on with life)

I've always seen this question asked, but the OP would want their NNID still. I don't need my account for the future.

2. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    dont see why not but if you have a wii U system. You will not be able to use that ID. You also may want to change pass if its similar to any other of your accounts.

3. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Seems okay. Make sure you remove any credit card information. To be extra careful, make sure your password is completely different from any other passwords you use, like "asfjhkjhasdiu" or something. Also, you should probably change the registered email address.

MattKimura likes this.
  4. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States

That's true, having personal information on the account is dangerous. So you're saying that it's very possible to sell the 3DS with the digital games, where they can stay with the account forever and they wont lose the games? I'm not gonna touch this account ever again, not even on a WiiU.

5. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada

I assume it's okay as long as your personal information is removed. If you're still unsure, you can always contact Nintendo support, although maybe they'd advise against it lol.

Just did some last minute researching and it seems a guy did the same thing you're trying to do. As long as the NNID is still on the 3DS, you can sell it with all your digital games. Should be okay bro!

6. Phantom_User

Phantom_User Phantom of Page 666

Aug 28, 2012
    Your nightmares
    I'll use that as a "bargaining chip" when selling my system for a N3DS.

It adds some value and, when I get Gateway, it won't matter much to have all that.