Can I salvage this switch I restored from backup?

f2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Back in 2020 my friend asked if I could mod his switch so I got him one of those rcm jigs, took a backup and off he went. He then got his daughter some LOL dolls game for Christmas which required an update, I explained that he should bring it back so I could restore before updating but he did it regardless. Anyway, he dropped it round the other day asking if I could remove the hack as he wants to play his daughter online (she now has her own switch). So, I restored the backup via Hekate after watching a few youtube videos and you can probably see where this is going... the Switch no longer boots (power button seems to do nothing) but I can still get into the Hekate. I've included some images, is there anyway so resolve this or have I properly fcked up his switch?
I posted on reddit but my posts got deleted and was told to post in the weekly thread, which i did but is just a graveyard of unanswered questions...should've asked here before doing anything...that was my first mistake.

Any help or advice would be great, its been a long time since I did anything like this and I'm a bit lost at what I should/can do.
Thanks everybody!

edit: Just thought I include ith the steps I took to get into this mess:
Hekate > Tools > Restore eMMC
eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 and eMMC RAW GPP

switch0.jpg

switch1.jpg

switch2.jpg

(I only scored out those numbers incase they are console specific)

Last edited by f2000,

f2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I'm being honest it was a long time ago, I've included a pic of the files I put back on his sdcard...I think I did both "eMMC BOOT0 &BOOT1" and also "eMMC RAW GPP" at the time. However I couldnt say for certain, is there a way I could figure that out by the file names? I moved everything onto an external hard drive for safe keeping.

f2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After i got myself into this mess I have read a few posts talking about fuses but I have no idea what the number was before...I didnt take any pics when I did this originally.

StringIsNullOrEmpty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
After i got myself into this mess I have read a few posts talking about fuses but I have no idea what the number was before...I didnt take any pics when I did this originally.
Do you remember what system version it was?
You could probably also load the nand dump in NxNandManager and have a look see.

f2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll check a few videos on how to use it but after quickly checking through the files on the sd card, I get this (incase its obvious)

rawnand.bin
1654178599690.png

BOOT0
1654178630043.png

BOOT1
1654178660656.png

StringIsNullOrEmpty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Firmware 9.1 should have 12 fuses burnt. You have 14, so the system refuses to boot.
You need to rebuild a NAND with the proper firmware version that is 14 fuses burnt. Should be a tutorial somewhere on this forum on how to do that.

Reactions: f2000

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to rebuild the nand if it's just a a efuse mismatch. This is all saying you can still boot cfw.

First off booting hekate will bypass the efuse count allowing you to upgrade/downgrade your firmware. So saying you can boot cfw on sysnand, boot cfw, use daybreak to update your firmware to what it was before the nand restore or to the latest firmware

Reactions: bad361

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
yup, no need for the hassle, you can safely boot into cfw sysnad and update from there, then just use ofw, it should boot without problems

Reactions: QCLasky

f2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found this tutorial as I was going to try what StringIsNullOrEmpty suggested:

But you guys reckon that I could skip the hassle and revert back to a ofw by using daybreak via cfw? Just to clarify, would this get the switch back to stock and allow my friend to play online? I was hoping to remove all traces of cfw/hacks, if thats even possible at this point.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would restore the backup. Use cfw on sysnand. Daybreak update it to match the fuse. Then start up again in ofw and update it through Nintendo service.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if he want's to play with his daughter he could use ofw on the sysnand and use cfw on emummc , thats what i've been doing for years and i've been playing online every so often

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this tutorial as I was going to try what StringIsNullOrEmpty suggested:

But you guys reckon that I could skip the hassle and revert back to a ofw by using daybreak via cfw? Just to clarify, would this get the switch back to stock and allow my friend to play online? I was hoping to remove all traces of cfw/hacks, if thats even possible at this point.

That can only be made possible with an eMMC backup made before ever running CFW/homebrew. Without that, you risk getting banned no matter what you do and you cannot ever recreate a clean eMMC backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: