Can I safely upgrade my msett from 4.0 to 9.0 through DevMenu?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mironicurse, Oct 4, 2015.

1. mironicurse
    OP

mironicurse GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    Russia
    Is it simple as that? I just don't wanna brick it ~_~ Homemenuhax installed, so i decided to revert it back to normal version.
    n3ds EU 9.0 -20

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I don't think there is such a thing as 9.0 mset. For old 3ds there is 4.x and 6.x msets but for n3ds I think there is only 4.x (the one that gateway does).

Although I hear RxTools works with n3ds now so maybe they've done something.

3. mironicurse
    OP

mironicurse GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    Russia
    I found 9.0 cia of System Settings on that iso site and I don't care about having exploit anymore. Mset is System Settings app, isn't it? Or is it name of exploit instead? :wtf:

4. legofan623

legofan623 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 3, 2011
    United States
    Puyallup, WA
    I don't think it's system settings or else my 2DS wouldn't have the icon of a 2DS in the camera section of the system settings, as I installed the 6.x mset which I believe was originally pulled from an o3DS.

5. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Of course you can have 9.0 system settings. Its just not exploitable. 4.x and 6.x are the exploitable ones

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. cowboy619

cowboy619 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Cape Town, Western Cape
    I cant find the 9.0 cia system settings? Anybody have a link for it :) i dont know what "that" site you talking about

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Search for the terms mentioned in Google. I don't know why you want it though, it isn't exploitable?

8. cowboy619

cowboy619 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Cape Town, Western Cape
    I need to find away to update my O3ds from 4.3 to 9.0 or 9.2 without a gamecart

9. EmceeKerser

Jun 3, 2014
    You don't need a 9.0 mset for that. Read the forum there are so many threads about this

Quantumcat likes this.
  10. Paladiex

Paladiex Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    Care to link or elaborate? I have been looking for how this is done and every thread I find tells me to borrow smash from a friend. I'm assuming this person is looking into how to update sysnand to firmware 9.0-9.2 and not emunand.

11. EmceeKerser

Jun 3, 2014
  12. Paladiex

Paladiex Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    This guide is a little basic for my tastes and I don't fully understand how to launch or use sysupdater after reading the guide; but at least I know what to look for now. I've been searching "How to update to 9.0-9.2" for the past 12 hours off and on through google and gbatemp and this guide never popped up. I appreciate the help, but could deal without the snarky attitude. Thanks for the link regardless.

13. EmceeKerser

Jun 3, 2014
    That's weird, because I searched "update sysnand to 9.2 9.0" and i found the guide at the top of the second page

And the guide is basic because its an extremely basic process.

Backup current Nand (in case you fuck up)
    download 9.2 update pack from site
    Run sysupdater in devmode from rxtools
    Install pack

That's it.

Also, there are 14 pages of posts. Read those. That's the thing about forums, there are other posts besides the OP.

Last edited by EmceeKerser, Oct 5, 2015
    legofan623 likes this.