Can I rip a game for devolution on one Wii, and then play the rip on a different Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by LoggerMan, Feb 18, 2014.

1. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    So I've been interested in Devolutions 100% compatibility with Gamecube games but I have two Wiis, one without a working disc drive and one with a working disc drive. Could I make the cleanrip on one Wii and save the rip to a hard drive, then plug that hard drive into the other way and play the gamecube games on the Wii with the broken disc drive?

Or can you only play the games on the Wii you used to rip them?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This may or may not work using the same method used for playing them on the Wii U.

That is, make a cleanrip on one Wii, and start it up in devolution, making sure it works.
    Then, sync the same Wiimote to the Wii you want to play the games on, and start up each game by using that Wiimote. It should detect that the same Wiimote has been used, and therefore allow the games to be ran on that console as well (this should only need to be done once per game)
    Like i said, it might only work on the Wii U, though. It depends on whether tueidj has allowed this feature on regular Wiis or not.

3. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    Oh I see, using the Wiimote. Sounds like the developer of Devolution was very creative. I'll give this a go, I simply have to get games like Starfox running on all my Wiis.