Hacking Can I restore my Wii to factory default?

f0ck3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Things have gone bonkers for me. I was at 3.1u when a friend pointed me to a guide for twilight hack and dvdx for backups. I blindly followed it only to find out the post was done in October. GeckoOS told me NoDVD when I tried launching a backup. So I decided to use the downgrader found here to upgrade to 3.2u. Now I'm reading over other all-in-one guides on this forum and I'm seeing lots of stuff about IOS16/36/57/248/249 and more. I'm seeing stuff for the Backup Launcher, SoftMod, StarFix, and a whole lot more. I'd like to start fresh somehow and follow a more up-to-date guide for running backups via the twilight hack because now I'm not sure what IOS's have been touched on my system and I'm not sure I can make things work.

If I do an upgrade to 3.4u will it be as if it's from the factory and I can start over? What do I do?

Thanks

D

Deleted User

well, without modchip, you can't actually run backups. through geckos.

Get Backup Launcher Gamma 002 fix. Search around...

(And w00t! 500th post!)

f0ck3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well I grabbed the latest from wiigator at his blog and ran his cIOS installer, put on IOS16, did the 3.3 Safe Update, ran his backup launcher.. and well.. I'm successfully running a backup of my original Twilight Princess a friend backed up for me.

I'm a little lost in how I got there because of following the wrong FAQ in the beginning, if there is a way to restore all my IOS's and complete firmware to factory I would love to do so just for the fact of learning how to do it propper. I am going to do another wii in a few days maybe that will be a better experience.

Thanks GBATemp and WiiGator

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii gators files are stored on my server , but strangly , they arent the latest files out there -
If you install a new cios249 over an old cios249 it will over write it.

the guide on my zip has the files on the same server (http://www.iol.ie/~taz/ .. wonder where that came from
tongue.gif
) and it has all of the latest files in it if you want to be up to date - there is also a guide on how to install things - once you go through everything you have the most up to date files , though all you really need is the cIOS and a boot.dol (has the latest 002fix) or a wad channel (with the latest fix) and your up to date.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
f0ck3r said:
well I grabbed the latest from wiigator at his blog and ran his cIOS installer, put on IOS16, did the 3.3 Safe Update, ran his backup launcher.. and well.. I'm successfully running a backup of my original Twilight Princess a friend backed up for me.

I'm a little lost in how I got there because of following the wrong FAQ in the beginning, if there is a way to restore all my IOS's and complete firmware to factory I would love to do so just for the fact of learning how to do it propper. I am going to do another wii in a few days maybe that will be a better experience.

Thanks GBATemp and WiiGator
i dont think its a good idea to mess with IOS's bc its official stuff from nintendo, they intend for you to have it and some games need certain IOS's to run(might as well keep them), you could delete any cIOS you have using anytitledeleter, actually you could delete anything you want using that but i wouldnt recommend deleting IOS's because they're harder to find since they're nintendos stuff (legal crap)

anyway i dont have a definitive answer for you besides anytitledeleter, i've never used it myself but i know thats what you would use to delete unwanted things from your wii

anytitledeleter

im suree one of the more knowledgeable members will come around soon and help you out as well as correct me in anything i might have said that was wrongg, good luck
smile.gif

p.s. i've never deleted anything off my wii, most of the stuff used from homebrew just overwrites the previous title you had, ex: you use cIOS installer for gamma .01 and later use cIOS intaller for gamma .03 and it just overwrites the old cIOS
at least thats what i think it does...lol

EDIT: ahh and one of the more knowledgeable members got here while i was writing this...hehe at least now i know im kinda getting the hang of this IOS/cIOS/title mess...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldnt recommend using anytitle deleter just yet - deleting ios30 will turn your wii into an expensive paperweight for example - and it will let you delete it.
Its not a tool to use unless you know what your doing and are confident of the files you want gone.

Best way is to leave what you have on it and overwrite with the most up to date files (*cough* signature*cough*)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night