Hacking Question Can I resolve this issue with my switch update through ChoiDujourNX?

David Martin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on SXOS 2.3 beta and 6.01 OFW AutoRCM through SXOS

I use a Exfat 400gb microsd

I used ChoiDujourNX 1.0.1 to try and update to 6.2 EXFAT - it all went smoothly and rebooted - ChoiDujourNX had AutoRCM checked on

When it rebooted the SXOS dongle got to the splash screen and then the black screen (Switch and SXOS dongle charged)

Now when I try and use the dongle it doesn't light up or show the SXOS splash screen

Is it possible ChoiDujourNX overwrote the SXOS autorcm?

How do I resolve this to get access to using the switch again?

Please help, no rush - but when anyone has time - and thanks so much in advance. (I feel foolish)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on SXOS 2.3 beta and 6.01 OFW AutoRCM through SXOS

I use a Exfat 400gb microsd

I used ChoiDujourNX 1.0.1 to try and update to 6.2 EXFAT - it all went smoothly and rebooted - ChoiDujourNX had AutoRCM checked on

When it rebooted the SXOS dongle got to the splash screen and then the black screen (Switch and SXOS dongle charged)

Now when I try and use the dongle it doesn't light up or show the SXOS splash screen

Is it possible ChoiDujourNX overwrote the SXOS autorcm?

How do I resolve this to get access to using the switch again?

Please help, no rush - but when anyone has time - and thanks so much in advance. (I feel foolish)

Then downgrade to 6.01 since SXOS doesn't support 6.2 yet.

David Martin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then downgrade to 6.01 since SXOS doesn't support 6.2 yet.

I’m unsure how to access Choidujour to downgrade since it won’t boot to sxos. Should I use another tool or payload to boot and run choidujour? I don’t want to be a pain - but thanks again for the input

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m unsure how to access Choidujour to downgrade since it won’t boot to sxos. Should I use another tool or payload to boot and run choidujour? I don’t want to be a pain - but thanks again for the input
Get the new sdfiles zip https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases extract it to your sd card hold down - key while powering up go into launch/cfw it should boot up atmosphere go into the album/hbmenu boot ChoiDujour up and downgrade back to 6.0.1 make sure you have 6.0.1 files on your sd card or just stay on 6.2.0 use atmosphere until the sxos update is finished. If your using the sxpro dongle you will have to use your pc to boot up atmosphere if you’re using sx gear change the hekate 4.5 to payload and put the sx gear boot.dat file on your sd card.

Last edited by Reecey,

David Martin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the new sdfiles zip <link> extract it to your sd card hold down - key while powering up go into launch/cfw it should boot up atmosphere go into the album/hbmenu boot ChoiDujour up and downgrade back to 6.0.1 make sure you have 6.0.1 files on your sd card or just stay on 6.2.0 use atmosphere until the sxos update is finished. If your using the sxpro dongle you will have to use your pc to boot up atmosphere if you’re using sx gear change the hekate 4.5 to payload and put the sx gear boot.dat file on your sd card.

I really appreciate the detailed instructions, I've been trying to educate myself on the boot process of CFW on the switch etc - I downloaded TegraRcmGUI and have a USB-A to USB-C cable - I guess the issue is I can't seem to get the switch into RCM mode - I can't even boot into the SXOS menu or get the dongle to register anything - after I used ChoiDujourNX to install 6.2 and restarted as I said in the first post - I got the SXOS splash screen and then nothing - and now - trying any method I can to even get the PC to recognize the switch in RCM mode I get nothing - is the switch bricked?

The battery was like 80% when all of this happened.

I tried the SXOS dongle - TegraRcmGUI - keep in mind it had AutoRCM from SXOS installed and I guess ChoiDujourNX overwrote with their own AutoRCM when I did the firmware update - any tips on just getting it into RCM mode? any advice to know the switch is even still alive? And thanks - I followed the quoted instructions and all - just unable to get access to anything

~David

David Martin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update - I managed to get it figured out all - thanks again.

The switch battery seemed to be drained or something - so I left it plugged in for awhile - then was able to boot into SXOS boot menu holding + and launch hekate as a payload and then charge it and then run the battery sync tool and then load Atmoshphere - i'm exploring atmosphere a little before downgrading to 6.1.0 - but did verify through Hekate the fuse for 6.2 wasn't burned - again - thanks all - glad to see my switch back in action!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)