Hacking Can I remove the .CIA file after installing it?

• Thread starter ELok
  • Start date
  • Views 41,983
  • Replies 9
  • Likes 1

ELok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simple question really, after installing a .cia file on my 3DS's emunand, can I delete the .cia file on my SD card to save space

Reactions: Kitamurin

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Simple question really, after installing a .cia file on my 3DS's emunand, can I delete the .cia file on my SD card to save space

Yes, your games will be installed in Nintendo 3DS folder, you can delete all .cia after installed of your sd.

And to uninstall games you just go in Data Management in emuNAND, never in sysnand or your installed cias, saves will be deleted.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only .cia files worth holding on to are for DLC.

For example, if you pay for Mewtwo on Super Smash Bros for 3DS but you want to pirate the rest of the DLC it will get deleted when you visit the eShop. So you want to keep it handy to reinstall after each visit to the eShop depending how often you need to go.

Reactions: Seriel

Ahi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What happens when I install the CIA from the sd card to the system, does it store the game on the sd card or the system storage

Flaire

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean deleting the game from your system or deleting the .cia folder from the sd card?

If its to delete the game from your system just go to system settings, open data management and select the title that you want to delete, it should say "delete title and save data" and "delete title and backup save data", select one and the game is deleted.

If its on the sd card, you can delete it and the game will still be installed on your system.

Reactions: Stealphie

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you mean deleting the game from your system or deleting the .cia folder from the sd card?

If its to delete the game from your system just go to system settings, open data management and select the title that you want to delete, it should say "delete title and save data" and "delete title and backup save data", select one and the game is deleted.

If its on the sd card, you can delete it and the game will still be installed on your system.
Lemme guess, you posted here because of the post limit, no?
The question is clear, and OP has already gotten an answer multiple times.
Doesn't help that the post is nearly 5 years old.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1