Homebrew Suggestion Can I remove all traces of homebrew from Switch 5.1.0?

CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently tried out installing homebrew on my 5.1.0 switch, I'm just wondering if once the device is rebooted is it safe to use my switch regularly online or do I need to remove anything?

Basically can I use it online after installing homebrew and whats the safest way to hide or remove traces?

Thanks in advanced :D

Last edited by CarefulCrysis,
Reactions: olixus

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently tried out installing homebrew on my 5.1.0 switch, I'm just wondering if once the device is rebooted is it safe to use my switch regularly online or do I need to remove anything?

It is probably not safe, but nobody knows.

Basically can I use it online after installing homebrew and whats the safest way to hide or remove traces?

Nobody knows.

Reactions: CarefulCrysis

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
For now, we don't know what exactly is safe and what isn't. Not many people have been banned yet and, of those who were banned, most were developers. But there is always a risk of getting detected. The best and safest thing you can do right now is to use your switch only offline.

cantrollmyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get banned just buy a second switch for online play. I’m not sure why you are worried so much about using only homebrew, backups online would be a different story.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably should always use Airplane mode, erase any crash logs (can't find the link, but I don't know how it works, either (program)), and never do anything online, such as going to the Switchbru store, unless you don't care......judging from the title, you do care.

Might be a good idea for a dev to make a "save state" Switch can revert to---I used to play 3-4 titles, have them show up in my "recently played" online, do something that bugs Switch out, and the next time Switch started, the titles were removed from my list and the online list. ----probably not grammar'd correctly, but....meh.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only two confirmed bans were experimenting with very experimental and unfinished software. It was sending a lot of invalid requests to Nintendo who subsequently banned the console and the accounts. However there aren't any CONFIRMED bans relating to online play. I'm not saying it's completely safe I'd still recommend airplane mode. But don't completely dismiss it of being unsafe as nobody has been banned (as we know of) of playing online on a CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you get banned just buy a second switch for online play. I’m not sure why you are worried so much about using only homebrew, backups online would be a different story.
You can't do that. A homebrew developer bought a second console and when he put his account details in that console that console got banned too. Also not everyone has enough money just to buy a new Switch.

cantrollmyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course don’t use the same account details

QUOTE="Essasetic, post: 8060655, member: 451834"]The only two confirmed bans were experimenting with very experimental and unfinished software. It was sending a lot of invalid requests to Nintendo who subsequently banned the console and the accounts. However there aren't any CONFIRMED bans relating to online play. I'm not saying it's completely safe I'd still recommend airplane mode. But don't completely dismiss it of being unsafe as nobody has been banned (as we know of) of playing online on a CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't do that. A homebrew developer bought a second console and when he put his account details in that console that console got banned too. Also not everyone has enough money just to buy a new Switch.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: TAUSENN

olixus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is safe there are only 2 reports of online bans. if you reboot into stock firmware and you delete the homebrew files on your sd card you will have no visible traces of homebrew. But i use homebrew online but i have never been banned before. In my opinion i only think it is because of hackers messing around with online games and hacking other people so that would reveal a online ban. You should be fine mate.:):yayswitch::switch:

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It is safe there are only 2 reports of online bans. if you reboot into stock firmware and you delete the homebrew files on your sd card you will have no visible traces of homebrew. But i use homebrew online but i have never been banned before. In my opinion i only think it is because of hackers messing around with online games and hacking other people so that would reveal a online ban. You should be fine mate.:):yayswitch::switch:
Or there wasn't a banwave yet.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
one of SciresM Switches have been banned it should be on his twitter somewhere :):switch:
Because he sent error codes to nintendo, which occurred while testing. But maybe there comes a banwave like in the 3DS scene. Because no one is banned for homebrew yet doesn't mean no one will be banned in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night