Gaming Can I put my 3DS Circle Pad Cap back on?

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, it got off the thing. I can put it on place but it rotates entirely (it couldn't do that before) and it gets removed easily. How can I fix this without opening my N3DS?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hard to say. Why don't you open a thread in 3DS hardware and provide pictures?

I've heard some people glued it back on. Maybe TurdPooCharger can help you with that. If using a little (super-)glue I recommend placing the console open with screens facing to the table so that no glue can get inside.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The rubber came off my O3DS circle pad, and I bought a pack of plastic N3DS circle pad covers (Cyber Gadget?). It seems the original circle pad is very slightly larger, so I *replaced* the rubber with it. To avoid glue dripping inside, I attached it with permanent gel glue dots rather than liquid glue. I have another cover from the same pack over my N3DS circle pad for better grip.
My O3DS might be harder to sell now, as the glue dot isn’t pretty, but the circle pad works fine.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used elmers stick glue and let it dry before playing. 2 years later no issues. I'd imagine double sided scotch tape would work as well? I wouldn't mess with glue glue though

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
the cap came off several years ago but it never really bothered me. However you could heat hot glue until it begins melting (not until its very hot) and put it on the circle pad. now if you have the endurance to withstand hot glue, put your thumb on it and press hard and remove any excess. not only does it look cool but it's removable and replaceable. but you could always put it back and it will come off after a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: