Can I put action replay on Lameboy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MegamanSPX, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008
  1. MegamanSPX
    OP

Newcomer MegamanSPX Advanced Member

Philippines
    I've been playing Pokemon Crystal on the Lameboy, and I've had much difficulty trying to catch the other 2 dogs. I've tried every hint and cheat website known in the web, but all their tips on the 2 dogs won't work. So I was wondering if action replay or some cheat device that can work on the Lameboy? And a tutorial might help, thanks.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    There might be a way to patch cheats into the ROM, but it would be much easier to copy your save across, cheat on a PC emulator, then copy it back with the Pokémon caught.

3. Deathwolf2468

Newcomer Deathwolf2468 Newbie

Canada
    can anyone help me? i downloaded an emulator but i dunno how to put the sav file on my lameboy into the emulator. Im not very tech savvy...

4. jy2

Newcomer jy2 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Just copy the game and your save file onto your PC, and open the game with the emulator. It should find the save file by itself.

5. davidhanlon

Newcomer davidhanlon Newbie

Ireland
    if your using lameboy and ideas change .lgs1 on the save file to .sgm

6. Anti

Member Anti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you don't want to do that, and just wanna keep going, then just do this: it is advised that you have a high leveled pokemon level around 80, but not over 80.

Then go to newbark, and use some max repel. then surf left and right (moving between the regions) until you encounter them, this is where patience comes in.

After your first encounter, their locations can be seen on the pokedex, although their locations change every time you enter another area (eg, city to city)

If you don't want to hunt them down, just clone some Masterballs. Mind you, this is really REALLY hard and requires extremely accurate use of the "save sram" feature.

Good luck