Can I proxy my Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by iluvfupaburgers, Mar 10, 2011.

Mar 10, 2011
  1. iluvfupaburgers
    OP

Member iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Ecuador
    recently i bought the first strke map pack from xbox live which was 1600 MS points. the thing is that it accepted my ms points when i bought it but when im downloading it it stops on 99% and then tells me i cant download because it is region locked. i have a US xbox and CoD: black ops US aswell. but i dont live in the USA. so i was wondering if there is a way to proxy the xbox, like on a pc. to make it think im in the US and finish downloading the maps? i dont want those 1600 MS points go to waste.

thanks in advance.

2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    You could try downloading the maps from a warez site, throw them on a flash drive and hope they work.

3. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Download maps from a 3rd party site

4. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Think of it like this: You gave them the money, so you should just go ahead and download them online.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You can not effectively pirate XBLA and DLC on a stock console (the shared profile thing and online do not play well together for this sort of thing).

I believe MS check for proxies so you are going to have to go full VPN (not sure if they have ways around standard anonymous proxies or endpoint checking). If you have a friend in the US then you can use simple VPN software ( http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/teamviewer_portable being my choice for basic stuff) but if not you can usually buy in a VPN (many sites offer such services).

6. iluvfupaburgers
    OP

Member iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Ecuador
    i havent jtagged my xbox so i dont think i can pirate dlc. all i wanted is to trick my xbox so i can download my already bought dlc