Gaming Can I post a Wii u PSP bounty so they can keep building it?

armaldodo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Do you guys think if I put a bounty like 1000$, there is a chance some1 would like and keep building the PSP emulator so it can achieve fullspeed on Wii u, or the Wii u just isnt strongh enough to play most of the games at fullspeed and without frameskip.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you really willing to pay $1000 for someone to build a PSP emulator on a Wii U? At that rate, why not buy a PSP itself, or another system that can emulate it better?

armaldodo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Absolutely not, I have a PSP but will like to play it on a bigger screen, I have invested a lot, so now I think to contribute with the PSP emulator on Wii u, just curious if it has the hardware and specs necesary to run most games at fullspeed and if somebody will feel to do it for that price bounty

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert personally, but I feel as if the Wii U could probably emulate PSP well enough? I'd imagine the issue is more a lack of interest from devs than anything. A lot of consoles are stuck with shoddy RetroArch ports rather than emulators designed to work well on the console itself. In that sense, a bounty would help, but I feel it might be more worth it to explore other options. Switch might be able to do PSP better, for instance.

armaldodo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
ForgotWhoIam, if you mean $100 I know, but if you said $1000 like I did, I think there is a higher chance somebody will do it at sometime, I love the Wii u, I know there is better options, GPD xd is good, but I notice is a little weaker than the Wii u for PSP although if its more optimized than the Wii u version (referring to GPD xd and GPD XD plus), Wii u I think is still in alpha and run some games at incredible speed like the GPD xd, if it get attention and gets more optimized to where the GPD is it will be better than those systems.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm sure someone would make their best effort for $1000. Full speed might be unrealistic, but playable speeds with audio disabled? Probably possible.
$1000 is not all that much if they are writing something from scratch. Porting PPSSPP and writing a MIPS dynarec for PPC if needed should be realistic for $1000, though I'm no expert.
I question whether it's worth anyone's money, when you could simply get a PSTV though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well there was a huge as hell bounty for wiiu dynarec for ps1 and no one ever picked it up, right now new 3ds ps1 emulation is ten times better than wiiu sadly.

armaldodo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I do not agree that many people tell that the Wii u is too weak for PSP, are you telling me that the PS classic ir more powerful than Wii u because it has a working PSP emulator right now? I might be wrong, but I think Wii u is a little better in specs and a little more powerful.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@armaldodo your better off going straight to the source and ask aliaspider himself to see if he'd consider working on it again.. I dunno if he still has a WiiU tho? :P
@pedro702 its sad to see how well the new 3ds ps1 emulator is progressing compared to the a WiiU's ps1 emulator :/

B-alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why aren't you switching to modded switch? With a switch you could have the best of both worlds and save 1000 bucks because there is already a really good port for it available. You could donate the money to the person responsible (m4xw: https://mobile.twitter.com/m4xwdev) for the switch port and help the community further. He is be also porting quite successful a 3ds Emulator (citra) to the switch

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could put up or add to a current bounty. I don't know how well this emulator would run even well optimized though. I know it's not what you want, but I would invest in some better pc parts to emulate it on your pc so you can go big screen like you mentioned you wanted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr