Can i please have some help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Frogman, Oct 25, 2009.

Oct 25, 2009

Can i please have some help by Frogman at 5:25 AM (626 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Frogman
    OP

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    helooo i have got the homebrew channel on my wii it is on 1.1 firmware and i want to know how to get custom firmware of whatever everyone else is doing to mod their wii but since i only have etherenet for pc i cant connect wii to internet so can someone please help me

2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    there is no custom firmware, you need to read the stickies because this place is already full of BS threads of ppl asking what the stickys tell you. Go Search it

3. doped505069

Newcomer doped505069 Advanced Member

Australia
    Ok basically there is no custom firmware all firmware is the same well looks the same except 4 a sd card menu symbal if u want to upgrade u can use upgraders found all over this forum basically the point is why u want to change your wii wat do u need to do oad back ups play virtual console games what and then we can guide you through what you need to do or show you a guide.

4. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you have to solder the flux capacitor to the rectal modulator and your all set

5. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I read on Wiibrew that homebrew doesn't work well with older firmware, you should update to at least 3.2 using a disc.

However, to softmod your Wii, all you have to do is install the latest cIOS and Backup Loader Channel, then you can burn your ISOs and load them through the Backup Loader Channel [​IMG]
    There are softmod guides on the forum, use the search function.

Or, if you prefer a disc-less solution, you can use a USB Loader with a USB HDD or flashdrive.